First Crush

"So we're meeting up with this other Ravager clan. You know what that means, 'Rora?" Yondu glances at the 13 year old Aurora and she nods eagerly, a bright beam shining over her face.

"Yep! You have your meeting while I steal some good stuff." She repeats the plan and the blue alien grins, ruffling her auburn hair with pride which makes her giggle. Although she is not his daughter, Yondu likes to treat her like one sometimes. Only sometimes though since the Ravagers aren't fond of weakness and feelings.

"Good girl. Let's go." He and the other Ravagers leave the spaceship to walk into the pub as Aurora waves to him to wish him luck. As soon as Yondu and Kraglin are gone and the doors of the local are closed, Aurora steps out of the ship and quietly tiptoes around the building, knowing that the other spaceship is parked on the other side.

Aurora loves the sound the snow makes when it meets her heavy leather boots, a goofy grin crossing her lips. Burying her face deeper into the scarf, the little Ravager goes around the corner, only to bump into another person. Both plummet clumsily to the ground and Aurora groans, squinting her eyes.

"Ow, my ass." Opening her eyes, the auburn-haired girl sees the other person who turns out to be a girl. A very beautiful girl. Aurora is immediately astonished by her flawless pink skin that is covered in sparkling freckles. She seems to be around Aurora's age, her skinny body wearing a different Ravager uniform. The girl is magnificent. "Ow, my heart."

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" The girl's amber eyes drown in worry and she offers Aurora a hand which she takes. "I didn't pay attention."

"Oh, no, it's fine. I was walking too fast. The snow distracted me because I love snow. But I don't just love snow, I love many, many things. Like... freckles." Aurora laughs nervously and knocks off the remaining trails of snow off her green coat. "Uh, I'm Aurora."

"Yuki." The pink girl smiles at the adorable rambling and eyes the Terran curiously. "What are you doing here, Aurora?"

"I'm waiting for my dad, he's meeting up with a Ravager clan."

"Ah, now your attire makes sense. Is your dad Yondu Udonta?" Yuki questions and Aurora nods. "Our fathers are having a meeting then. This could take a while since both are stubborn dickheads."

Aurora chuckles and nods agreeing. "So true. Hey, wanna waste the time with me? We could build a snowman!"

"I've never built a snowman, but judging by the pics I've seen, it sounds like fun, so sure!" Yuki eagerly starts running away, a laughter escaping her lips. "You'd have to catch me first though!"

Smirking at Yuki's playful attitude, Aurora accepts the challenge. She completely forgets her actual task and is only focused on the pink, adorable girl. "Don't underestimate my skills, Yuki!"

The two girls enjoy the morning with running, laughing, fun and lots of snow. Aurora has never liked another girl or boy so much, especially since she's always constantly moving and is only surrounded by grown up guys who treat her like their family. But Yuki is so different. Aurora could have fun with her, laugh with her and their bonding feels so natural, as if it was meant to be. And this makes her little teenage heart flutter like hell.

As the end comes closer, they are forced to say goodbye when the first Ravagers leave the pub. Sorrow cracks Aurora's heart and she presses her lips together. She doesn't want to say goodbye, but maybe this isn't goodbye. Only the first step.

"I had so much fun, Aurora. Thank you." Yuki smiles genuinely at her and Aurora takes a deep breath.

"Hey, maybe we should meet up again. But only the two of us, without any other Ravagers. We could get to know each other better." She suggests with a nervous smile, her heart leaping to her throat.

"Oh", Yuki's face falters and she clenches her teeth. This doesn't sound good. Not at all. And even Aurora loses her hope now. "Aurora, I'm sorry but we really shouldn't."

"Oh, uh, no, it's my fault, I thought you were– "

"No, it's not that. It's just..." Yuki sighs and scrunches up her face. "It'd be so weird for me to have a date with someone of your race, you know?"

Now it is Aurora's turn to be completely speechless. It's like her mind is entirely blank and she cannot process Yuki's words. With a shaky breath, Aurora tries to splutter out comprehensive words. "Uh, what do you mean with that?"

"You're human and... I don't know, just not my type. Humans are always so weak and it bothers me a lot." Yuki admits honestly and Aurora cannot believe what the pink girl has just said. They cannot meet each other again, let alone date, just because of what Aurora is? This is beyond ridiculous.

"Fine. You know what? As a 'weak human' like you just described, I still fucking won the race, so jokes on you." Aurora's tears are mixed with sorrow and anger and she stomps furiously away before Yuki even gets the chance to respond. Aurora doesn't tolerate this, not at all but it still makes her incredibly sad that her first crush ended like this.

"Hey, 'Rora." Yondu spots the auburn-haired girl and welcomes her back on the ship. "Got anything good– "

He's interrupted by her sobbing and wild hug, his eyes widened in surprise. Yet, his arms hold her securely in the embrace while the whole story streams out like a waterfall along with her tears. Many complaints leave her lips, how she hates that she gets judged for being a human and how she misses her mother.

"Okay, 'Rora. Stop now." Yondu cuts her of eventually and pulls back to look at her. "I didn't raise you like that, did I?"

"No." She sniffs with snot in her nose.

"What do your mother and I want you to be?"

"An independent woman." Aurora responds and now realizes the meaning behind this mentioning. He sees that she got it and nods contently.

"And that's exactly what we're gonna do. Ravagers! Deal's cancelled!" Yondu's call makes them gasp and stare in shock at his announcement. "The honor of our Ravager got ridiculed, dragged in the mud and crushed! We're gonna fight for her honor, for everyone's! Because we are Ravagers!"

An enthusiastic roar of the space pirates echoes through the ship now, inspired and ignited by Yondu's speech and Aurora smiles. Together, they all run out and start a fight for their honor.

A/N- Four.