chapter two

---

---

I made my way towards the room that held Clint as he got his injury treated. Dr Cho spoke to me once about the machine, it could rebuild flesh, well not exactly. I think it was some sort of synthetic material that acted as flesh. I poked my head through, seeing he was alright. I sighed, bumping into Tony on my way out. 

"Oh hey," I greeted, smiling.

"Hey kid, what's up?" Tony asked, a frown appearing on his face. 

"I'm just tired, I'm going to get some rest before the party tomorrow," I told him. "Tell Clint I hope he gets better soon."

"Will do," Tony replied, walking past and into the room that held my sister's best friend.

---

It was time for the party (or at least to start getting ready for it). Nat knocked on my door, letting herself in, her hands full of makeup.

"Let's get you ready," she announced, placing the makeup on my dresser. I smiled up at her. "I want to make my little sister even prettier," she told. 

"Please," I began, dragging out the vowel. "You got the good genes," I joked, nudging her slightly. 

"Shut up, and sit on the chair," she ordered. I did as she said, letting her begin to do my makeup. Once she was done, she began to curl my hair. I let her finish before we swapped places. I finished with her makeup, before curling the ends of her short hair.

"I'm gonna get my dress on," I told her as I grabbed it from my wardrobe door. I made my way to the bathroom, slipping on the dress and waiting a short while before going back into the bedroom to see Natasha changed.

"You look amazing," she complimented.

"I don't feel it," I confessed, grabbing my shoes from my wardrobe. 

"You've always felt like that," she pointed out, moving forward. "But you are beautiful," she comforted, hugging me. "And you need to see that."

"Thanks," I muttered before pulling away from the hug and sitting on my bed. "Now, I want to know what's going on with you and Bruce?" I questioned. "Spill."

"You know how after everything I've done, I felt like I didn't deserve certain things. Well, Bruce is one of those things and I thought, maybe it won't be too bad," she admitted.

"I approve," I spoke, bumping my shoulder into hers. "You deserve to be happy."

I couldn't remember the last time Natasha opened up to me like that. She was always reserved, especially since the academy. I mean they stripped the trust from you, they strip your belief in love, in yourself, in redemption.

I hated what it had done to us. We couldn't talk like actual sisters. 

---