•12•

When Jungkook had opened his eyes Tae was next to him. The elder was curled up against him with his head resting on his chest, hair fallen on his forehead, cheek squished against Kook's chest.

Jungkook hadn't been prepared to wake up to something so sweet. His heart jumped at the sight.

Knowing that this wasn't exactly how Taehyung would want Seokjin to see him, the prince checks the time. Apparently he had only been asleep for about twenty minutes.

It was best for him to go.

After struggling for a few extra minutes, he managed to unwrap Tae from his body, putting several pillows to where his body once laid. Taehyung moved and started hugging the hell out of those pillows.

Jungkook silently tiptoed out of the room, closing it behind him and walked down the hall.

He checked his phone, there were a few missed calls from Yoongi and Geong Min.

He dialed Yoongi's number first, the phone clicked after three rings. "Hyung, you called?"

Yoongi sounded like he was running, his words a few gasps. "No time to explain. Get to the safe room, now." Yoongi hung up on him.

Jungkook blink at the sudden order. The royal safe room was all the way in the west wing. He had been planning to visit his hyung at the kitchen, but if he had to go to the west wing then he would have to turn back.

The kitchen was closer though. It was literally round the next corner.

He heard footsteps, fast footsteps, they echoed in the hallway, sounding louder and louder. He couldn't see well but someone crashed into him, he glanced forward as the person kept running. It was a female soldier.

There were more footsteps, yelling, and when he looked back at the female soldier she had something in her hand.

He could barely see it from where he stood, she was too far away to get a clear view.

She pulls at something in her hands and then she tossed what ever was in her hand and ran.

The object on the floor was round, it looked like a ball and Jungkook's eyes widened as he saw several soldiers running straight towards it.

"Grenade!" He shouted from the top of his lungs, turning around and running away from it. But it was too late.

It went off.

Jungkook felt his body being yanked and slammed against the wall from the impact. The ceiling was crashing down, his ears rang, he could barely breathe from all the dust that was getting into his lungs.

He had a coughing fit before he stood. Every bone in his body ached from the crash against the wall.  He looked around. The grenade had set off close to the candidate rooms.

From where he stood he could see, see the large hole in the ground that prevent the soldiers from getting to the other side.

He cursed as he felt the ground shake again. Another grenade. Closer to the rooms this time. 

His legs moved on their own. He ran towards the hall, jumping down into the debris. When he lands his legs crumple under him as he collapses onto the dirt, knees hitting rocks and palms getting cut as he as catches himself.

He can hear people yelling. Without giving his pain a second thought he begins climbing up the columns of shattered glass and concrete that once was the a part of the palace.

Several soldiers made it to the other side before he did. One reached out to help him up on the other side, Major Song.

"You need to get to the safe room, your highness," Major Song yelled at him. There was a lot of yelling, a lot of sounds of feet scurrying away.