Silence (VI)

(A/N: Haiii! Thank you so much for your support and for reading, commenting, and voting! TBH I feel like I update this novel like.... really fast, or maybe it is just me.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also sorry, there's only going to be one chapter update today!)

The two spent the rest of the day in silence, but it wasn't awkward but held a peacefulness and harmony. Yu Zian had gotten Chen Ming a large watercolor paper, water color paints, and some brushes. He took Chen Ming out to the garden and let him paint there.

He saw how the youth lifted the brush, diluted the paint, his every stroke on the paper, meticulously controlling the intensity of the colors. The paper bloomed with life. From the trees, the grass, the bird that flew in the air, to the flowers in the tree, the clear blue sky, and the radiant sun. It looked so life like as if you could take a step and you would be taken to another world.

Yu Zian watched his serene and tranquil expression as he painted, and felt that this.... was supposed to be how he should be, not afraid or scared. By the time the afternoon came, Chen Ming had done at least four different paintings. Yu Zian called out to him, "Xiao Ming, it's time to go back."

Chen Ming was so immersed that he didn't hear him. Yu Zian let out a small laugh at the other's action. He gently tapped onto Chen Ming's shoulder, "Xiao Ming, we have to head back inside now."

The corner of Chen Ming's mouth curved a little, and tilted his head acknowledging that he understood. Yu Zian helped gathered the painting supplies. Their hands accidentally touched each other as they were reaching for a brush. Chen Ming quickly pulled back his hand.

Yu Zian however felt a spark from the touch. He felt a sense of nostalgia from Chen Ming's skin touching his but he couldn't put a finger on why exactly. He wanted to feel that sensation again, but he had to hold off and slowly inch his way to there. Yu Zian just smiled and tousled Chen Ming's hair and picked up the brush.

Yu Zian, "Let's go, Xiao Ming."

The two of them leisurely strolled back to his hospital room. Just as the two got inside, a far too annoying voice came from behind them.

"Oh, it's Zian and Xiao Ming. Did you two just get back?"

Chen Ming went rigid, while Yu Zian's eyes were chillingly cold.

Yu Zian's response was neither hot or cold, "Good afternoon to you Mrs. Cao. I hope that you can just call me Mr. Yu or Doctor Yu as we are only acquaintances."

Sheng LiRong's smile faltered a little, "Of course, Doctor Yu. Ah, I'm here to pick up Xiao Ming. I was notified that he was to be discharged today."

She reached over as if to touch Chen Ming, but Yu Zian tugged him over just so he was out of reach. Yu Zian bluntly said, "Xiao Ming will be coming over to my place. I'm sure that Xuan didn't have time to tell you, but I talked with him this morning and received his consent.

Xiao Ming is currently still in need of recovery and since I know sign language, Xuan has left him in my care until he returns."

Sheng LiRong's eyes turned sharp and swept her eyes to Chen Ming, "Oh.... is that so."

Her look made him feel uncomfortable and he scooted closer to Yu Zian. Their arms were touching, Yu Zian could feel the head radiating off of his slim body. He looked at that dainty waist and felt that his arm should be placed around it, as if that was where it belonged.

His eyes flickered at her for a second, "Yes, that's so Mrs. Cao. Now if you'll excuse us, we have to pack."

Yu Zian didn't wait for a reply and dragged Chen Ming inside of the room and shut the door. The admiration in Chen Ming's eyes seem to glow even more as he looked at Yu Zian. The two of them quickly packed up Chen Ming's things.