Chapter 4, Dusty house

I lost

I lost. I lost the bloody deal, but really it was unfair seeing as I basically broke the punching bag and Blake just gave the last damn blow. I demand fairness!

"Well, look at that. I get to take you on a date sometime," Blake says.

"Only because I basically broke the bag for you," I mumble under my breath.

"What did you say?" Blake asks with his signature cocky smile.

"Nothing," I growl.

After that, I go back up to my room to fetch my bag for the weekend. I grab my things and head downstairs - meeting up with Blake, Owen and Sean. Blake is in his leather jacket as always, Owen is in a light coat and Sean has a black jean jacket. And where I'd usually be sporting an over-sized sweater, I'm in a blazer. 

We make for the door, but Lynch quickly jumps in my way and crushes me in a tight hug. "Please, don't do something stupid or get into trouble," Lynch whispers.

I can't get past how great his hair smells. "I'll try," I lie, because I know trouble and me go hand in hand. 

Lynch lets go and we share a smile before I leave. The four of us climb into Owen's Limo and the driver, Tony, takes us to Tygerwell's very own airbase. 

Since Tygerwell is basically just a fake town to hide that it's the ultimate gateway for gang crime, I'm not surprised it has an airbase for gangs to come and go as they wish. Airports are apparently a problem when you have at least four guns strapped to your body. 

It's not a big airbase, but it has what it needs. There are a few smaller planes and then there's Owen's Jet. I can see Blake's a bit grumpy, because he doesn't have a jet. Perhaps he did have one before his father and brother died...

"Ladies first," Owen says and holds out his hand for me to walk up the stairs that lead to the jet. 

"Oh, well then take the lead," I smirk at Owen.

He laughs and I want to feel that spark of happiness inside myself. I want to laugh as well and for it to be real. To smile and know it's not fake. But the truth is, the few jokes I throw out there for the guys, is just a sorry note. A slow refund for the girl they really want, but aren't getting back.