58 𝓈𝒾𝓁𝑒𝓃𝓉 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

ғɪғᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ
════════════════════

ғɪғᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ════════════════════

"How many are wounded?"

The man scratched his head, flipping through the pages. "263."

Jin sighed, covering his face with his hands. "That's too damn much." He threw the walkie in his hand to the floor.

"Let me see the ones recovering."

"Sir, it's dangerous-"

"You think I'm worried about that right now? Let me see my damn people."

"Alright sir, you need to put this on first." He handed Jin a mask, and secured it around his mouth. The man led him into the cleared section of the facility, where the patients slept. Jin went by each person awake, giving them words of hope as their leader.

He noticed a small girl holding a homemade doll. He smiled, kneeling to her side. "Did you make that?"

She looked at the doll in her hand, bringing it to her chest. "My mommy made it for me."

"Can I speak to her?" He smiled at the girl, who was now looking around the room, trying to find her mother.

The man pulled Jin's arm. "Her mother died."

Jin's mouth slightly parted as he tried to think of what to say, but he couldn't. Nothing could be said.

"We'll find your mother." He tried to smile, letting go of the girls hand. Jin needed to be strong around these patients. He needed to make it seem as if everything was going to be okay. He straightened his tux, and greeted more patients.

He noticed one of them turned on her side. Not speaking a word to anyone, not even the doctors. He tapped the man with him on the shoulder. "Give me a name."

He looked at the tag on her wrist. "Valentina."

              »                           »                        »

"Keep it moving." Namjoon yelled, making sure everyone got a nights worth of food. The volunteers continued to pass down the packaged dinner. The inside of the facility wasn't exactly stable yet, so the people had to live outside, except for the wounded of course.

The sky was still dark. It was almost midnight when my eyes slowly blinked open. I remembered why I fell asleep in the garden when I felt Jimin's arms tightly grip my body. There was no one around us, which made it even more relaxing.

I brushed his hair out of his face, watching his chest rise up and then back down. I kissed his forehead, before slipping out of his arms. I didn't want to wake him from his sleep.