Chapter 19

After talking to Aneel, he made his way to his bedroom. I forgot that Aisha's wallet was in my bag, since she gave it to me to hold and I just put it there. I stood up and walked to Aneel's room. I didn't feel the need to knock and just barged in. He only had pants on and I put my hands on my eyes, not wanting to see him like that.

"Uhm.. sorry I-I didn't know you were changing so I forgot to knock I'm so sorry I should-" I was rambling when he interrupted me.

"What do you want, Sahra?" He asked. I looked at my feet because of my embarrassing moment.

"Can I.. can I use your phone real quick?" I asked.

"Yeah" he said and he grabbed it from the nightstand, handing it over to me.

"Thank you" I said. When he handed me the phone, his fingers touched mine and I felt tingles through my whole body. What is was that? Did he feel it too? I felt uneasy so I just walked away awkwardly. I made my way over to the couch and sat down. Just when I was about to call Aisha, the phone buzzed. Someone was calling. 'Kyle' it said. Something inside me told me to answer and that was what I did. I didn't say anything but listened.

"Listen you little piece of shit. If you don't give me the packages and the money in two days, I'll take everything you have. You can't bail out now" That voice. That was the voice of that man who came here. I felt like he was actually here and my hand started shaking slightly. My mind was telling me that he wasn't here. That he was only talking through the phone.

"Cat got your tongue? Look if you don't give me the things, which aren't yours, I'll kill you. You know I'd do that. Oh, I'll also take that beautiful wife of yours. She's got a fine body, mean" he said and that's when he ended the call. I looked wide-eyed to the phone. What just happened? Fear crept into my mind. What if he'd do anything to Aneel? Should I tell him? Of course I should. I stood up and took a step but stopped. No, I was not going to tell him. It couldn't be that serious. I mean, he had to be stupid to do something bad. Yeah, I couldn't tell him.

It was now two days ago when that creepy man called and I still haven't told Aneel. I was busy reading in that book that totally started changing me. I started the five prayers and I was so motivated that I could do it all without feeling like it was a burden. I thought of the piece in the book that made me like that. I remembered every word of it.

'Pray. Pray when you are young. Pray when you are old. You know, I know that you are young. Look, I'll tell you something. If an old man goes to a club, people would laugh at him. What is a man that old doing in a club? He doesn't belong there so the only place he belongs to is his home or the masjid. He can't do anything else than to pray. But a young person, like you, belongs everywhere. You can go to a disco or to other places without people laughing at you, cause it isn't weird for your age to go to the disco. But if you choose to go to the masjid instead of a party, Allah would give you more credit than He gives to an old man. That man can't do anything else. You can. But you chose to pray, and that's why Allah will love you so much. Sister, brother. Please pray, cause if you pray Allah will hear you. Don't forget this; if you hear the Adhaan and respond to it with praying, Allah will hear your Dua and will respond to it'

It made me realize a lot and I hoped one day Aneel would do too. I went over to the kitchen, seeing nothing in the fridge. I took some of the money that wasn't spend when Aneel gave it to me. I went out of the door, wanting to go to the supermarket. Aneel wasn't home so I couldn't send him. When I stepped out of the door, something from beside me grabbed my arm and put his arm around my waist. One hand went to my mouth. I began to move hysterically but I couldn't escape. In a reflex, I jumped and kicked around but it didn't help.

"Be silent or I'll kill your lover boy" he said. My eyes widened and I couldn't breathe for a moment. Kyle..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, what do you think will happen?