Chapter 3

"So, how was the wedding?"

Earlier that day, Carina was invited by Mrs. Weasley to the Burrow for lunch, so after seeing Teddy at Andromeda's, she immediately went to the Burrow where she was greeted by the Weasleys, Harry and Hermione – or rather, the whole family.

"It's quite good." Carina said as she took a a huge bite from Mrs. Weasley's muffin.

"Better than ours?" Ron pointed at him and Hermione, which then received a slap at the shoulder by his wife.

"Ron!"

Carina chuckled at the two's exchange.

"Not as fun as yours or Harry's." Carina glanced at Harry and Ginny.

"But Andromeda said that you stayed for awhile." Harry mused.

"I did."

"Any particular reason?" George asked, "Maybe a good and handsome reason?"

The five of them laughed lightly, but Carina just smiled. This caught their attention and suddenly the aura just turned serious.

"Theodore's back."

An awkward silence ate the whole room. Almost everyone froze in shock of what Carina said. Ron, who was in mid serving his fork to his mouth, left his mouth ajar, and the meat that was at his fork fell to his plate; George had dropped his knife; Harry stopped mid-chew; while Hermione and Ginny just froze. Carina raised a brow at their reaction.

"What?" she asked them.

"Nothing!" Hermione said as she returned to her food.

"Yeah, just... nothing." Ginny said as she took a drink from her glass.

Carina saw the sudden awkwardness at the table and would not let it go.

"I'm serious, why are you guys suddenly like this?"

There was silence once more, and Carina noticed that the five – four, rather, were having a quiet conversation with their eyes.

"It's just that..." Hermione said, "How were you?"

"What?"

"How were you when... Nott came?" Hermione asked.

"I'm fine." Carina shrugged. "It wasn't that awkward – if it was, then I wouldn't have invited him over to my place –"

A cough came from Harry, he suddenly choked on his food after what he heard from Carina. Ginny immediately tended to her husband and gave him some water.

"Not in the way you're thinking, Potter." Carina glared at him.

"So what, you just invited him over?" Ron asked.

"Yes! He didn't have a place to stay, so I offered my place – you know that place can accommodate three people, right?"

"And nothing happened?" George asked.

"Nothing – why are you even in this conversation, George? It's not like you know him."

George raised his hands in defense and returned to his food. Silence once more came to the table.

"What did you and Nott do... at the wedding?" Harry asked.

"We talked... and drank a lot of firewhiskey... and talked some more." Carina said. nonchalant.

"How many bottles of firewhiskey, exactly?" George asked.

"A bottle or two – I'm sure I had more than an bottle." Carina said. "Why?"