Chapter Seven:

Ayame rambled the whole way to the shop, swinging his silver hair over one shoulder, never ending trails of stories falling out of his mouth. He was a pillar of conversation, he was unshakable.

"And then I said to myself - well Aya, if that's really what you must do, you must do it! You can't stop! Always go-"

Kyo tuned him out. He was great at ignoring people in the right circumstances, especially family. He didn't mind Ayame so much, he was ditsy but he didn't seem like he meant harm. Kyo wished he had a brother, Yuki was so lucky and he didn't even know it. The damn rat got everything.

Kyo thought back to his kiss with Tohru on the counter, and his stomach swirled with butterflies. Her skin was so soft, and her thighs were like ivory, he just wanted to slide his fingers under her skirt-

He shook his head to clear his thoughts. He was confused. Tohru had been into the kiss in the kitchen, it was obvious. Did she like him? Was she trying to make Yuki jealous? His cheeks flushed with anger at the thought. Could she be trying to trick him? His hands clamped into fists while his mind raced.

Tohru was walking as fast as she could behind Ayame, him and Kyo were both so quick and their legs were so long, she felt like she was sprinting. She was just trying not to trip. Her mind was racing, thinking about earlier. Did Kyo really like her? She liked him, liked him enough to probably even admit that she loved him. With his sweet face, and fluffy hair, she thought back to the glimpse of his chest and treasure trail and a blush rose in her cheeks. He was statuesque, and it was wonderful.

They finally arrived at Ayame's shop after what seemed like an incredible amount of stories from the silver haired snake. "And here we are-" he gestured to the door and they headed inside. "Oh, Mine!" Ayame called into the back of the store, and an attractive young woman stuck her head out the back.

"Children, this is Mine Kuramae!" Ayame told them, "She's my associate-".

Kyo was looking around the store, his face set in a scowl. "What is the place?" He asked, "Some kinda dirty perv shop?" The store was hung with racks and racks of dresses, but most of them, he noticed, were missing important parts of material. He glanced over a rack and saw a maid costume, but costume was a loose interpretation of the word. The skirt was so tiny that nothing would be covered, and the front was just a padded push up bra. For a second his thoughts wandered to buying the outfit for Tohru. He imagined resting and seeing her scrubbing a table in the kitchen, ruffled skirt covering just a tiny amount of butt cheek – she'd bend and then-

Ayame broke into his daydream. "Are there any costumes that you'd like to see darling Tohru in, Kyo?" His face firmly held in a little smirk. "Do tell-"

Kyo's face flushed beet red, and he shook his head repeatedly. "Uh, no, I don't know why you're asking me that-" His heart palpitated in his chest, and he quickly looked away.
Ayame didn't say anything, but he shot a knowing look towards Mine who was watching Tohru glance around the dresses with wonder in her eyes.
"I like this one-" Tohru volunteered, gently touching the lace on a frilly dress.

"Ooh!" Mine shrieked when she saw Tohru, "What a little princess! Come with me!" She grabbed Tohru's hand and pulled her through the door into the back.

Kyo and Ayame were left standing in the room together, in awkward silence. Ayame started rambling again, pointing out different costumes and explaining things about them. Kyo didn't care. He wasn't into fashion, and he was mostly just imagining Tohru in different costumes.

Suddenly, Mine came back out of the back. "Are you ready?" She asked, dancing in spot, waiting to show Tohru.

Kyo turned, excited to see her, but not wanting to show it. His green eyes flashed with excitement, as he waited for her reveal.
"Here she is-" Mine reached behind the curtain and pulled Tohru out.

She looked like a vision. The dress was pink, and though it was sexy, it somehow managed to be cute as well, and a big pink bow sat on top of her head. The dress was low in the front, and Kyo noticed for the first time that she had cute perky, breasts, and the dress framed her cleavage.

"Oooh!" Ayame shrieked, dashing over to her. "Aren't you adorable!" He tugged on a piece of her hair.

"Doesn't she look like a dream?" Ayame turned to Kyo, a little smirk dancing on his lips.

"Oh, uh-" Kyo didn't want to seem to into the outfit, and instead of just complimenting her, he said, "She looks okay I guess-". He immediately regretted it. Why did he just say that? What was the matter with him? Why was he such an asshole? He couldn't help himself.

Ayame tutted at him, and smoothed a piece of lace on her dress. "You look beautiful darling, don't listen to the grumpy alley cat-" He brushed his finger down the side of her neck, pretending to straighten the collar, and Kyo felt himself consumed by rage, watching him touch her like that. He wanted to kick Ayame's ass for it, but Tohru didn't seem upset, so he decided to let it go. That was just what he needed, for her to think he was a jealous dick on top of already being an asshole.

Kyo bit his lip and didn't reply, but he could feel his rage bubbling under the surface. "Are we going to eat soon? I'm starving?" He was still kicking himself internally for not complimenting her. What was wrong with him?

Tohru loved the dress she was in, she thought she looked beautiful. She was a little bit crushed when Kyo said what he did. Didn't he like her? She felt embarrassed, maybe she did look silly.

They headed to lunch, and Ayame paid, a rare treat. Kyo and Tohru didn't say much to each other while they were out, they still didn't understand the dynamic of whatever they were to each other right now. Kyo couldn't wait to be alone with her, however, he had so many things he needed to ask her.