Chapter Eight:

After dinner with Ayame, they all headed back to Shigure's house, the sun setting low on the horizon, pink and red swirling in the clouds. "Red in the morning, sailors take warning, red at night, sailors delight!" Tohru told Kyo as they walked along together, Ayame leading the way, outfit billowing in the wind as he moved.

Kyo smiled a little bit at Tohru's little ditty, "Where did you learn that from?" He glanced over at her, looking at how the dimming evening light made her look so flawless. Not like he didn't think she was flawless already.

"My Mom taught it to me-" Tohru told him with a smile, nearly tripping by catching the toe of her shoe on a raised bit of sidewalk. Kyo's hand shot out and caught her upper arm, steadying her. She blushed at his touch, and he pulled back his hand, worried he'd been inappropriate. Tohru continued her story, "She always told me little rhymes like that to make learning fun!"

Kyo smiled, "Your mom sounds nice." From the stories Tohru told, her mother was a wonderful person. He wished he'd had a mother that had loved him and protected him like Tohru's mother had done. He fiddled with the bracelet around his wrist, clinking the beads together. His mother had loathed his very existence, and everything she had done had caused him pain.

"She was so nice-" Tohru looked away, eyes downcast, momentarily upset by the thought of her mother passing away. "She would have loved you-" she said finally, scuffing her shoe on the sidewalk. "I wished you could have met her." Tohru felt lost for a second without her mom, she wasn't sure what to do.

Kyo's heart constricted in his chest and for a moment he felt like he was going to explode. Maybe from happiness, or love, or the protective feelings he felt racing through his veins, he wasn't sure. Glancing at Tohru his eyes a little wild, he replied, "I would have loved your mom. Just like I l-" suddenly he was cut off by Ayame.

Ayame had a knack for knowing when people are about to bare their souls, and he slinked back and shoved himself between Kyo and Tohru, giggling and monologing all the while. "And what are you little lovebirds whispering about?" He flipped his long silver hair over one shoulder and glanced between them. Ayame was a beautiful man, he had a stunning complexion, and he obviously took good care of himself.

Kyo flushed, "We're not lovebirds! And why do you always gotta' go butting into conversations that aren't yours?" The blood rushed into his face, and it always became incredibly noticeable that he was blushing in contrast to his orange hair.

Tohru knew that the conversation had gone off track, and Kyo spent the rest of the walk home yelling at Ayame who kept purposely irritating him. Ayame was desperate for attention and spent most of his life trying to get it, and irritating Kyo was just part of his plan. They finally made it home, and exhausted, Tohru headed up stairs to get changed and get into her bed.

Kyo finally finished shouting at Ayame, and Ayame and Shigure snuck off, off to do whatever it was they did. Kyo finally noticed that Tohru was nowhere around, and had presumably headed up to bed. He kicked himself. He'd wanted to talk to her about the kiss in the kitchen, and what the heck was going on between them. He couldn't believe that he'd let himself get distracted by Ayame and missed another chance to talk to her.

Kyo headed upstairs, but he didn't sleep, instead he paced around his sleeping area, unsure of what to do. He wanted to see her, he needed to see her, there was something building low in his chest that he had never felt before and couldn't explain. Was it love? He didn't know, he didn't think he'd ever felt that before, so he wasn't sure what it felt like. Finally, after not being able to sleep, he climbed out the window, and into a tree, heading out into the forest.

At the same time, Tohru had been laying awake in her bed for several hours. She was confused about their dynamic. She had loved the kiss, the feeling had been electric between them. She'd never desired the touch of a man before that was so strong and overpowering. She'd had crushes before, of course, but never anything to this level.

She wanted Kyo's hands all over her body. He had big hands, and they were rough from his training in the forest, and she desired his touch, incredibly. When she'd been on the counter in the kitchen, she could feel a sensation between her legs that was entirely new to her.

Slowly, she slid her hand down into the front of her underwear, and began to touch herself. She'd never really touched herself before, she'd never had any interest, but thinking of Kyo caused an unending tingle between her legs that she needed to satisfy. As her fingers drew soft circles over her clit, she moaned, and after a few minutes came with a loud gasp, back arching on the bed before drifting off to sleep.

Outside, Kyo had been perched in a tree. He'd gone outside to get some fresh air, and also keep an eye on Tohru, because for some reason he kept worrying about her. He figured if he was outside, he could at least have some air and keep an eye on her window. It helped him calm down. There was an aura that Tohru gave off that was just pure peace.

From his perch in the tall tree, he saw her shift in bed, and he was surprised, he'd thought she was asleep. As she propped herself up in bed, he could see her touch herself, laying on the bed, her hand sliding down the front of her pajama pants. His heart rate sped up, and the same pressure built up in his lower belly watching her touch herself.
Watching her, her face such a mix of pleasure, he felt his erection strain against the front of his pants. Kyo kept his mouth open a little, wishing that he could press his face between her legs, his fingers wrapped around the tree branch and he stared into her window, hungrily.

She was an angel, and here he was, a literal demon, spying on her. Maybe he was the devil. Maybe his family was right. Maybe he was a terrible person masquerading as a good guy.

When she came, her perfect little face twisting in ecstasy, he'd been stroking his hand over his length and he came almost instantly. He came mostly on his stomach, but he also got a lot on the front of his pants. Cringing at himself, he felt his face flush with embarrassment.

He couldn't believe he'd spied on her, and then jerked off outside like some perv. Good job, he chided himself. He couldn't believe he'd done that. At first it didn't seem like such a bad thing, when he was in the moment, but now, he couldn't believe that had just happened. He slunk back into the house, going to try and wash the stain out of the front of his pants, and get a little sleep before morning. He was wracked with guilt. He always gave Shigure a hard time for being a pervert, but at least Shigure didn't spy on people and jerk off in trees.

Kyo rubbed his eyes with his hands and tried to drift to sleep. It seemed like everything in his life was one big regret, and that he couldn't stop himself from making stupid, fucked up, mistakes. Maybe Yuki was right, maybe he couldn't be trusted around people because he was the cat. Maybe he didn't know how to be around normal people. He finally fell asleep, his mind swirling.