A Valentine's Masquerade Part Two

...................

Comment, follow, and vOOOOOOOOttttEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeee

(by the way, for the dress do you guys want me to pick or do you want to have some options like (d/l)= dress length or like (d/c)= dress color blah blah blah....? 

.....................

YOUR POV

When I had finally reached the common room, I ran straight up to my bed. And there it was: Madame Malkin's Annual Magazine For All Occasions. Madame Malkin had two shops: one in Diagon Alley, and one in Hogsmeade. I hopped onto the maroon bed and sat cross-legged and grabbed the package. I undid the paper-like wrapping from the magazine with uncharted precision. I immediately flipped through the soft pages, skimming for the perfect outfit. I looked at the models; they spun around showing off the skirt in a flamboyant manner. The picture looped . I continued turning the pages. I wasn't much of a stand-outer, more like a stylish but casual outfit type of person. By the time I had finished the magazine, nothing had appealed to me at all. I re-read the entire thing once more, and still nothing. I decided that I needed to pay Hogsmeade a visit. I quickly ambled down the stairs and ran to ask McGonagall when visiting hours were. I shot through the portrait hole ("How rude!") and hurried down the hall to her office. I knocked on her door three times, catching my breath a little. The doorknob rattled and she opened the door.

"What is it, Miss (y/l/n)?" She peered through her reading spectacles at me.

"I was wondering what the Hogsmeade hours were this week, Professor. I need to get a dress, along with a mask."

"How curious that you ask that. Professor Dumbledore was going to make an announcement about it this evening." Said the Emerald-robed woman. "But, if you are so eager to know, it's tomorrow three to six pm. I advise you aren't late, since this is your only chance to go. Now, you should imagine what your dress is to look like."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, she is personally going to be in Hogsmeade tomorrow for all the students. And I heard, if you ask her too, she'll bring you back to have a custom-made dress. But," Her voice grew louder than it was before, "I'm doubting it."

"Thanks Professor." I whispered, catching the hint.

I began to go down the hallway, but what she said next hooked me.

"Make sure those Weasley's stay OUT of my office, would you?" She gave me a rare smile and closed her door with a slight click.

"I WILL TRY TO!" I shouted with a grin.

Ah, Fred and George. Nothing could separate that dynamic duo! I couldn't believe it! Custom made?! No way.....not a lot of wizard or witch seamstresses would do that, much less for a student. I began walking down the hall, imagining what the dress should look like. Should it be an animal themed one? Or just regular? And what color should it be? Agh! I pushed the thought aside and mentally checked the date of the dance: February fourteenth. Today was the eleventh. So, I had about 2 full days to get myself ready. Brilliant. I hopped down the stairs and it hit me: I hadn't accepted his invitation. I turned on my heels and stared running towards the dungeons. When I heard my feet echoing, I knew I had arrived in the dungeons. I sped towards his door and.....stumbled through the opening. Usually it was closed....how peculiar.

"Professor?" I called out.

Suddenly, I heard some footsteps from the hall outside. Crap, FILCH! I quickly went to the side of the entrance and prayed to Merlin that no one would see me. My heartbeat pounded in my head, and I could imagine my chest physically expanding with it. But the voice-sorry, voices I heard were quite the opposite of the greasy, scratchy tone of the caretaker. One was the light, floaty voice that always had a deep meaning. That was Dumbledore. And the other....my veins froze. That deep, velvety, and blunt voice only belonged to one person: Severus. I heard them stop by the doorway and I held my breath for as long as I could.

"Remember, this is of utmost importance, Severus. And please resist the temptation to-"

"I know." Snape said bluntly. "I'll try to avoid that scenario, but I will step in if I deem it necessary."

The older wizard sighed. "Good. I shall see you later then?"

Snape mumbled something. Or grunted.  Either or. 

"Ah, very good."

I felt Dumbledore's presence leave the dark dungeons, leaving Severus behind. I could hear him low-talking something and walk in. He stopped in the middle of the room and sighed.

"What are you doing here?" He didn't even turn around.

"Stuff. Don't worry, I didn't break anything! And how did you know I was here?" I said, chuckling with a hint of suspicion.

Now he was facing me. "What are you doing here? Honest answer."

"Well," I said walking forward until I was only about 4 inches from his figure, "I came here to accept your note that you managed to sneak into my bag.."

His cheeks became the lightest shade of pink. "O-oh. Thank you. I'm glad."

Ah, I loved it when he got all flustered like this. It was the cutest thing.

"I still don't know what I'm going to wear though....But I think your going to be clad in black?"

He hummed lightly. "I bet you'll find something....eventually. And no, I'm adding some colors."

"Eventually could be in one million jillion years, I need something in two days. But I got a tip, so maybe I have a chance at getting something I truly like in that time frame."

"Well, you'll find something. As long as it's not resembling Weasley's dressing robes, I'm fine."

I laughed out loud at the memory of Ron being dressed in a frilly, bad-smelling, heavy dressing outfit for the Yule Ball last year. I remember him asking Harry if he had a spare suit, and he saying, 'why would I have two suits?'. Pffttt.

"I know that silly!" I punched him lightly on the arm.

He leaned back slightly and put his hand over the spot where I punched it. "Oh no! I've been wounded!"

I gave him a look. Not a bad one....but curious. "Did you just....play along?"

"What? No no..." He said.

I made a face. As in the face that got him to tell the truth.

"M-maybe?"

Eyebrow raise.

"Yes."

"Why don't you show your funny side? I'm surprised you even have one."

"It was one of the things that Lucius taught me: sarcasm and acting."

"That's not one thing. That's two things." I put up two fingers.

He scoffed. "Criticism."

"Well, I got to go. Transfiguration calls me." I said while backing out of the classroom. So, now that I had accepted his invitation, how would I get a chance to dance with him? Hm. Referring back to my older thoughts, this was a masquerade ball. So I could 'accidentally' bump into him I suppose. And then I had to wingman Matt and help him out with that Hufflepuff. Oh dear. And I still had to get my dress! This was too much for one person to handle. My mind began to wander around that thought. Hmm.....

So why not two?