Chapter 18

Hey guys! Sorry about the long wait for this chapter, life got a little crazy for me. Hopefully this chapter can make it up to you though! I don't know if you guys noticed this or not, but I'm updating on a THURSDAY instead of my usual Fridays! You can thank my friend @Caitiefreesong for that.

Once again, thank you to @goddessofnostalgia for the incredible typography!

Celeste took Jace's jacket off as they walked into the lab

Celeste took Jace's jacket off as they walked into the lab. She was getting hot in the hallways, and sighed in relief as the heat began to radiate off her body, now revealing the missing runes on her upper arms that they hadn't bothered to draw with the sharpie.

"Sit." Izzy ordered Celeste, pointing towards one of the few chairs in the room.

She did as she was told, and simply watched as Izzy fluttered around the room collecting various objects and putting them all on the table in the center of the room.

She went through almost every cabinet, taking out anything she could possibly think of to use for testing Celeste. Everything from microscopes to chemicals were set out and ready to be used. If there was something she could use to test a living human being, she was going to have it out and ready to go.

Izzy was an expert forensic pathologist, but working on a body that was still alive was very different from working on corpses like she was used to. This would certainly be a new challenge for her, but she was ready for it.

The last thing she grabbed was a large shopping bag that she'd stashed down here with supplies from the infirmary. From that bag she pulled needles, vials, a pulse oximeter, a sphygmomanometer, a thermometer, a stethoscope, and a couple bandages and gauze.

"Okay, I'm ready. We'll start with DNA testing, because that takes the longest to get results for." Izzy explained.

Without warning, Izzy plucked a couple strands of hair from Celeste's head.

"Ow!" She exclaimed in surprise. "You could have warned me." She said watching Izzy walk away towards another counter.

Izzy just shrugged. "Too late."