Chapter 4

Theodore returned to the flat late at night. He cursed at himself for being staying out to long, he didn't want to make Carina wait for him – if she did wait for him. Theodore was then welcomed by a quiet flat, he saw the dim light that lit the dining area. He called for Carina a few times, but no one answered, and he guessed that she must be asleep.

He made his way to the dining area and saw a covered plate that had his name at a piece of paper. He sighed, knowing that she made all the trouble to make dinner for the two of them and he was out the whole time.

"I really am an arse."

•†•

The following morning, Theodore woke at the sound of muffled talking. He stirred in his bed and reached for the clock and saw the time, it was already seven in the morning. He sighed and got up. It was only right to start the day early so he could help out Carina in her flat. Putting on a shirt, Theodore exited his room, but upon entering the living room, he was greeted by an awkward scene before him.

Teddy Lupin stood at the middle of the living room, holding his teddy bear, as he stared at Theodore with a blank expression.

Theodore didn't know what to do with the present child, and Teddy's stare made things more awkward than it already was.

"Ted, you all right, you're awfully quiet."

Carina came to the scene and saw what was going on. She stifled a laugh as she saw the two have a stare off.

"Everything all right?" Carina asked.

"Yes, Carina!" Teddy turned to her with a smile.

"Go to the kitchen, breakfast's ready." Carina gestured for Teddy.

Teddy skipped to the kitchen and went to his spot at the table, leaving Carina with Theodore.

"Good morning." Carina said.

"Yeah... good morning." Theodore said back.

"So... breakfast?"

"Sure."

The two of them went to the dining area and saw Teddy taking huge bites of his pancakes. Before they sat down, Theodore helped Carina with tea, and some milk for Teddy.

"I hope you like it." Carina said.

"Everything you make is good, Carina." Theodore smirked.

They ate their breakfast happily, as Teddy started his twenty questions at Theodore. He often asked about why he hadn't seen him before or where did he come from. Theodore answered them all truthfully, and enough for a three-year-old to understand, and when he mentioned dragons, he got Teddy's interest, and the boy started asking more about the magnificent creatures.

"Carina said that Harry faced a dragon when they were in fourth year!" Teddy exclaimed, "Was it..."

"It was a Hungarian Horntail." Theodore said, "Very dangerous, I almost got myself burnt by one of those – luckily I was able to get away, but I didn't got out unscratched." Theodore pulled down his shirt and showed Teddy the huge scar that he got from the dragon, it trailed from his left shoulder down to his chest.

Carina's eyes widened at the sight of it.

"Wow!" Teddy said. "But... what about those?" Teddy pointed at the blank ink at Theodore's right arm.

"Oh... this." Theodore pulled up his sleeve and revealed what was hidden under it. "It's a tattoo."

"Cool!" Teddy grinned as he stared at the tattoo went around Theodore's arm.