16| This is strictly just for body heat.

You are my heart,
my soul, my treasure,
my today, my tomorrow,
my forever and my everything!

Adalynn's POV

I wake up with a stuffy nose and cough. I can't fucking breathe through my nose! I told you bitch. Fuck off.

I try to sit up, but all of a sudden feel dizzy. "Are you fucking kidding me?" I whisper to myself. I cough again and feel a bunch of mucus in my throat.

I force myself to go to the bathroom and then trudge down the stairs. You took breathing through your nose for granted.

"Mom, I don't feel good..." I say tiredly.

She looks at me, and her eyes widen. She feels my forehead and says, "You have a fever."

"How?" I murmur. Hmmm, I wonder what happened yesterday. This is so not fair! I just wanted a nice thing.

"Do you need to throw up? You're looking pale..." Mom says.

"Not yet... But I'm freezing." I say.

"I think you should go back to bed. I'll make you some soup." She says, giving me a sympathetic smile.

"Okay," I say, going up the stairs. When I reach the top, I pant, "I swear they added more steps."

I slip back into my bed and wrap the sheets around me. Why does it feel like Antarctica right now? A few minutes later, I heard my mom walking up the stairs.

She opens my door and places the soup on my side table. "Here's some medicine to take after you finish eating." She says, setting down a cup of water and medicine.

"Thank you," I say.

"If you need anything, just text me or shout." She says, shrugging.

"I will. I love you." I say, starting to eat my soup.

"I love you too." She says, leaving my room.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

I wake up to my own coughing and see it's 2 pm. I grab my phone to text my mom and see I also have a text from Ashton.

Madre ❤️:

Can I have lunch?

Of course 😄

Then I open Ashton's text.

Asshole aka Boyfriend ❤️🥵:

Where are you? I miss you <3
Hey, just checking in again
You better not have gotten kidnapped, haha
Left school, you better be at home

I have a fever :(
I miss you too ❤️
I just woke up, don't worry!

My mom comes in with my food and says, "Make sure to drink more water, okay?" I nod and start eating.

A few moments later, I heard the doorbell ring. Amazon packages? Probably. I hear someone walking up the stairs but don't recognize their steps. I tense under my sheets and reach for my gun under my side table.

They stop outside my door and knock. "Who are you?" I say without raising my voice.

I see Ashton open the door, and he says, "I brought you some soup. But it looks like you already had some."

I pull the sheets over my head and say, "Thank you for taking the time to do that. I look hideous right now, though. I also probably smell bad."

He starts walking toward me, and I say, "Stop! You can't come any closer, or you'll get sick."

"I'll be fine..." Ashton says.

I start fake coughing and say, "See sickness. Protect yourself!" After I put on an act, I snuggle into my sheets.

Not listening to any of my warnings, Ashton pulls my blanket down to reveal my face. He puts his hand against my forehead and frowns. "You're really burning up." He says seriously.

"Wanna know what'll help?" Ashton asks, smirking.

"What?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He slips into my bed and wraps his arms around me. Now he's going to get sick because of me. His body heat is actually helping.

"Is this better?" He asks.

I snuggle into his chest and murmur, "This is strictly just for body heat."

"Of course. Why else would I cuddle with my girlfriend?" He says, laughing.

I smile at his statement, and he lightly squeezes me. Ashton starts playing with my hair, and I fall asleep, listening to his heartbeat. You're such a weirdo.

<~~~~~~~~~>

Comment and vote if you liked it!

I hope you'll stay for the next chapter! ❤️

Byeeeeeeeeee! 👋