Seventeen

Benjamin sits down next to Noah. He sees Noah sipping on some coffee, before taking it and drinking it himself.

"Didn't I buy you one-".

"Shut up".

Noah chuckles, "You okay?"

"I totally forgot I have a test in robotics today".

"Robotics?"

"S.T.E.M".

Some dude laughs, throwing a paper at Benjamin, "Yea! The class for fucking nerds".

Benjamin rolls his eyes, throwing the paper off his desk. He grabs Noah's coffee again, chugging some before hanging it back to him.

Noah chuckles again, "I'm sure you'll do fine". He brings his coffeee cup up to his lips.

"Ew. You bouta' drink after him? He prolly got some disease".

"Really, tommy? But, didn't you bone Alison Ketcher last week. When she tested positive for AIDS?"

Tommy blushes, taking his foot off the table and turning around.

Benjamin looks up at him, "How'd you know that?"

"I'm on the basketball team now, babe. They talk so much shit, it's ridiculous".

Benjamin giggles, grabbing his notebook.

**

"Yea. I just need you to take me home, I left my bag on my bed".

"Okay. We can do that".

"So...where are we going?"

"Hmm. It's a secret".

"Are you serious?"

"Yup".

Benjamin grabs his textbook and Noah shuts his locker smiling. "Trust me, it's nice".

Lucas walks over, his eyes squinted. "How you get a girl to know you like her".

"Get drunk with her and confess your feelings on someone's bed".

Noah looks down, nudging Benny lightly before laughing. "Gabi?"

"I know we've been hanging for only a little while- wait- no - not Gabi. Hayley".

"Oh. Uhm, I don't know".

Lucas looks over, seeing Hayley. "I'll be right back".

Benjamin watches as he runs iff. Gabi walks over, frowning. "Can I ask y'all a question".

"Sure".

"Do you think Lucas likes me? Cause I like, really like him".

"Oh-ho-hooo". Noah grabs her hand so she turns around and doesn't see Lucas with Hayley.

Benjamin smiles, "I mean maybe. But you guys have only known each other for a few".

"Same with you two. And I'm not slow, you two are totally dating. I mean, who else would give Benny a hickey".

Benjamin blushes, "Okay, give it time, at least".

**

Benjamin sets his bag down, sitting in the booth next to Noah. The group went out to eat for lunch again, this time at subway.

Noah takes a bite out of his sandwich, while Benjamin ate from Noah's bag of chips.

"Okay. So if y'all aren't dating, what are y'all?"

"Just friends".

Benny smiles up at him, "Just friends".

"I don't believe y'all. You literally call him baby".