[8] Ground Control

Song: Ground Control by All Time Low(I struggled with finding a song for this one, so I just put a random song I liked :/ )

I wonder when I will regret writing fanfiction. When will I regret spending my life in my room reading it?

Y/n's POV

The sun was gone and the moon was shining high and mighty in the sky. The stars weren't as visible as the previous night. The dark clouds covered them from sight of anyone looking up. Though I was incredibly tired, I still wouldn't allow myself to fall asleep. It was more of a fear thing than anything. Yes, I was still slightly scared of these guys, who wouldn't be?

We pulled into a small neighborhood, following Felix as he drove the other car in front of us. All the houses we passes were large. Not incredibly large, but pretty big. Being eleven at night, the neighborhood was empty of anyone outside of their houses. Few windows were lit of the passing houses. Felix slowed down, turning to the right and into a driveway of one of the houses with lights that were on.

Felix was the only one who got out and casually strolled over to Mark's window. Mark rolled it down, propping his elbow where the window once was.

"I'm gonna go talk to him first. If he says it's fine, I'll come back and tell you guys." Felix stated, patting Mark's door before he began his way toward the door.

We all watched as he approached the dark brown door confidently.

"How long do you think we'll be able to stay here?" I asked. "If he agrees, that is."

Mark never took his eyes off Felix as he banged his knuckles against the door. "Until we feel we aren't safe."

Tyler yawned. "I just really want to sleep horizontally again."

Ethan nodded in agreement.

"If he declines, we'll find a motel somewhere." Mark stated.

The door opened and a guy the same hight as Felix stood there. They gave each other a quick hug before pulling apart and conversation began rolling. At one point, Felix motioned toward us and the guy nodded. They talked for a few more minutes before the guy turned back into his house and Felix hopped down the stone steps. Assuming he had told Felix we couldn't stay, sighs of disappointment were heard from all four of us in the car. Felix came back to the open window and leaned down to see us all.

"Get your things from the trunk and go on and head inside. Everything is all right." Felix grinned.

All four of us smiled happily as we exited the car while Felix informed the rest of the guys. Mark's keys jingled in his hand as he pulled the trunk open, revealing all the bags. Taking ours, the other guys came from behind us and slung theirs over their shoulder. It wasn't long before we were all standing in the welcoming house of this guy we have yet to get a name for.

"There's two guest bedrooms down that hallway that can fit two people each, a pull out couch in the basement, and a regular couch here." The man informed us, pointing in all the directions of the rooms. "Lady decides first." He smiled kindly at me.

I let out a nervous chuckle. "No, it's fine. I'd feel much more comfortable picking last."

Before the black haired man could say another word, Felix spoke up. "Welp, I call one of the bedrooms."

All the guys dispersed into different directions. Four down the hallway, two downstairs, and two in the living room with the long couch. One side was against the back wall then it bent, going along the side wall. It was like a vertical and horizontal line put together. Mark, Seán, Bob, and Wade we're sharing the two bedrooms, Ethan and Felix settled down downstairs, leaving Tyler and me in the living room.

Placing my bag down on the floor, I take a seat on the red, leather couch. "Finally, I can sleep." I chuckle.

Tyler flops down on the other end. "I know." He sighed, leaning his head back against a small, square pillow.

"The past twenty-four hours have been...eventful." I stated, staring at the black TV screen mounted on the wall opposite us.

"Tell me about it." Tyler nodded. "I'm so hungry, but I don't want to get up."

"My life in a nutshell." I giggled, earning a small laugh from him.

Soon, the rest of the group poured into the room, flopping lazily on the couch with us. The owner of this house sat in the empty space next to me. "If you guys are hungry, feel free to go and look wherever for whatever whenever."

"There was a lot of ever's in that sentence." I comment, a small grin on my face.

He chuckled and nodded. He scanned the group of guys. "How long have you been driving?"

"Since three AM last night." Felix answered. The guy looked shocked.

"Excuse me," I interjected. "But can we know your name?"

"Oh! I'm sorry!" He laughs nervously. "My name is Seth."
(I was so tempted to make his name Clancy...|-/)

"And this is Y/n, Mark, Seán, Ethan, Tyler, Bob, and Wade." Felix introduced us, pointing down the line.

"Nice to meet you all." Seth smiled.

Felix grinned happily and we all grunt our replies. Felix rolled their eyes at us. Seth nodded understandingly, beginning to stand up. "It is late and I bet you guys are tired, so I'm gonna let you guys rest. Again, feel free to eat whatever you find, the kitchen is right in here." Seth said, opening a wooden, white sliding door, showing us a small kitchen. We all nodded, Felix voicing our thanks.

"Thank you so much for letting us stay a few nights, Seth. It means a lot." Said Felix.

"Yeah, no problem. Stay as long as you need." Seth grinned even wider, if possible.

The boys' all stood up, groaning about how tired they were, or how they had just sat down, and separated ways into their rooms. Seth came back moments later with a pile of blankets in his arms, setting them down on the coffee table. "There are two blankets for each of you, and I'll be right back with pillows for you both."

I smiled thankfully at him. "Thank you."

He nodded, disappearing down the hallway again and returning with two pillows. Tyler and I got comfortable on the leather couch in the dark living room. It was silent, the small sounds of the crickets music coming through the windows surrounding the walls. Surprisingly, I wasn't the one to break the silence this time.

"Isn't it crazy how fast your life can change directions?" Tyler mumbled. Our heads were next to each other, me laying on the horizontal section, Tyler on the vertical side.

I nodded. "Especially when you think you're doing so good."

It was a moment before Tyler spoke again. "It's insane, all of this. I was in my first year of college when we all took off."

"I was in my second."

"There are so many times that I want to talk to my parents again, to hug my family, but I know I can't." Tyler scoffed. "This change has fucked everything up."

I nodded in the darkness. "It must suck."

"It does." He sighed, turning himself to face me. I turn so that I'm on my stomach to look at him as well. "I guess you'll get the feeling soon, though."

I exhaled through my nose loudly, looking around the room. "I'm not looking forward to it."

Oof that sucked, I'm sorry. Its four in the morning and I just started writing because I was pissed about something. I would continue writing but I'm really tired and I'm gonna go to bed now.

Night everyone(even if it's not late for you)!