0 1

N O V A

"And we're done!" My dance instructor yells as I finish my dance.

I squeal and run to hug him. "THANK YOU! I'M SUPER EXCITED!"

If you're wondering what's going on let me explain.
My name is Nova, stage name actually, I'm a new uprising singer. Discovered by the amazing Shawn Mendes, and given the opportunity to do what I love.
The Billboard awards are tomorrow and I get to perform!

"You are going to look and sound amazing! You can really pull off a performance Nova." He tells me.

"Thank you." I smile at him.

"Let's get out of here." He says and I grab my bags.

"Bye bye." I wave to my dance instructor as we walk out of the building.

A car honks at me, Shawn. We have an interview in a few so he picked me up.

"Hey! How'd it go?" He asks me as I get in his car.

"It was great. I feel so prepared." I smile.

"Are you nervous?" He says as he begins to drive.

"I don't feel it right now but I know for a fact I'm going to feel it before going on stage." I tell Shawn.

He chuckles, "Want to stop by my place real quick so you change?"

"Yes please. I think I'm going to at least rinse my body I feel gross." I tell him.

We don't have much time.

**✿❀ ❀✿**

Shawn and I are now on our way to the interview with PEOPLE.

"I feel fresh." I giggle.

"Good." Shawn says. "Do you have everything ready for tomorrow? We're taking the plane really early."

"Yes. I packed early  and I have everything. I'm prepared for this Mendes." I grin.

"I'm so happy for you." He tells me.

"All thanks to you." I say.

We pull up to the parking lot and immediately get escorted in. They take us to the interview room and sit down as we wait for the interviewer to come in.

"Do I look fine?" I ask Shawn.

"Yes, do I?" He asks.

"When don't you?" I laugh.

Honestly though. I feel kind of basic, I'm wearing black jeans, green crop top, and natural makeup. It's fine though.

The interviewer comes in and greets us. The camera's began to roll and the interview began.

"Hello! Nice to be here with you guys, my names Tony." The interviewer introduces himself.

"Hi!" Shawn and I say in unison.

"How are you guys?" Tony chuckles.

"I'm great!" Shawn answers.

"Same here!" I say.

"First off congratulations on tomorrow Nova!" He tells me.

"Thank you, I'm super excited." I smile.

"I bet you're going to be amazing. What can we know about tomorrow's performance?"

"It's going to be great! I have months practicing and working really really hard to deliver what is expected ." I tell Tony.

"Will it be your own music?" He asks.

"No! But I think everyone will love it because I'm doing an iconic song. The group themselves actually asked if I would consider doing this song and I had to accept." I respond.

"How do you feel being the first performer ever to get to be there without having any actual music of your own out?"

"Honestly it's such a blessing. I know I've only been doing covers but I've been working on my own music and it will be out soon." I smile.

"Can't wait. How about you Shawn? We know you're performing twice." Tony says.

"Yes I am! I'm really excited as well, not only for myself but I'm extremely happy for Nova." Shawn says.

The interviewer asked us about seven questions more.

"So now let's talk BTS." Tony says

"Oh yes. Amazing guys. We actually have a little surprise for them." Shawn says.

"Oh really." Tony says.

"Talented,talented, and talented." I say.

"They seem to be big fans of your work, both of you." Tony says.

I was shocked and confused.

"Really?" I say.

All I know is that BTS is talented and great dancers.

"Yes! One of the members, Jhope, tweeted dancing to one of your covers, they've also  tweeted you a couple times." The interviewer tells me.

No way.

"No way you're lying." I say. "Wow that's crazy. I had no idea that this happened."

"Oh yeah I remember." Shawn chuckles.

"You knew?! Why didn't you say anything?" I ask Shawn.

"Sorry I forgot." He chuckles.

"Fans were wondering why there was no reply." Tony laughs.

"Awe, I feel bad. I had no idea! I literally haven't been on my phone. My personal assistant has it. I've had no time! Hope to see them at the bbma's though." I smile.

We finished our interview and head back home.

Billboard Music Awards, I'm coming for you.