Chapter 7

"Call Sam now. We're about five to ten minutes out." Finn said while getting off exit 53 of the parkway. It was almost 2:30 in the afternoon so we were making decent time. Somehow we hand managed to shower and get all our stuff while dropping Jason off on campus in just under an hour and a half. Considering the first half hour was driving, that's good timing.

I picked my phone up from the console where the aux cord was plugged in and dialed Sam's number, bringing an end to the sweet voice of Jimmy Pursey and replacing it with the deep voice of my best friend. "A phone call instead of a text?" The speakers of the car played the call on Bluetooth. "What? Are you engaging in foreplay again?"

I shot a glare in Finn's direction while he bit his lip in an attempt to hold in the laugh threatening to surface. "Sam? Shut the fuck up. You got five minutes until we're there. What building do you living in?"

"I'm in Clark. It's right next to the visitor parking on the South Gate. I'll meet you outside."

"See you in five." I hung up the call as Finn pulled onto the campus. It was ironic that all three of us ended up going to Maryland schools. I could never picture myself living here full time though. This college was small in comparison so Maryland University. That wasn't surprising though, considering it had half the student population. I was just thankful this wasn't Al's school. They had over 60,000 kids. That's crazy.

Finn easily found a parking space and we both climbed out of the vehicle. Less than a hundred yards away, I could see Sam with his small carry on sized suitcase full of the things he would need for the week. It was a bright and sunny afternoon and the heat was unbearable. Sam's blue eyes caught us in the distance as he waved animatedly, like a child in a candy shop.

"Hey! Best friends!" Sam yelled causing a few people to send us odd glances. I suppose Sam was always the clown in the group.

Finn rolled his eyes when we neared Sam and pulled him in for a brohug before Sam gave me a monster sized bear hug. "This has been the longest three months of my life." He said in exasperation when he released my not so small frame from his death grip.

"You seem to be surviving." Finn pointed out while crossing his arms.

"Because my roommate hasn't killed me yet."

"Why would your roommate kill you?" Finn asked while raising an eyebrow.

"Because I took his spot on the team." My eyebrows shot up in surprise. He was rooming with the upper classmen that got replaced as starting goalie. Talk about awkward. I almost pitied Sam. Almost.

"Sucks man." I replied simply. "Can we put your shit in the car and get some food? I'm starving." I had lunch at UOT as usual but you was still hungry. I'm a not-growing girl who needs food.

"Yeah sure. One of the dinning halls is near here." That response was good enough for me and Finn so we turned on our heals and started walking to the car. "What? No bag service? Forget your tip!" Sam yelled behind us. Finn spun around and glared at his best friend.

"This isn't a fucking hotel. Come on before we leave you here!" Finn ran his hand through his glorious tan locks before looking at me. "We're going to regret this later."

"I already do."

"I can hear you!" Sam yelled while passing us on the grey sidewalk with his blue carryon suitcase.

"That's kind of the point, Dipshit!"

***

John Hopkins was a beautiful campus. I loved walking through it just as I loved walking through my campus but strolls through the commons where slowly but surely becoming my least favorite thing to do. Why would I hate something I usually enjoy?