Chapter 1

Y/N Pov:

Graduation Day, Finally. I've waited for this day for only the walls know how long. All the soldiers who survived training in the Training Corps gathered under the stars to join their chosen station.

I take a deep breath and enjoyed the cool air, until I was interrupted by a several people walking unto the makeshift stage.

I recognised a few.

The Survey Corps Commander, The Garrison Commander, The Military Police Commander and Humanities Strongest Soldier.

The Survey Corps Commander was first to speak. "HELLO FELLOW SOLDIERS. CONGRATUALTIONS ON GRADUATING." Commander Erwin's voiced boomed. There were a few cheers from the soldiers, but I remained silent.

"I am glad to announce the Top ten soldiers, which are...

Number ten, SASHA BLOUSE,

Number nine, CONNIE SPRINGER,

Number eight, MARCO BODT,

Number seven, JEAN KIRTSEIN,

Number six, EREN JAEGER,

Number five, ANNIE LEONHART,

Number four, BERTHLODT HOOVER,

Number three, REINER BRAUN,

Number two, MIKASA ACKERMAN,

And I am happy grateful to announce Y/N L/N as Number one." The top ten soldiers left the crowd and formed a line in other. This is what I worked hard for, and thank the walls I achieved my goal. In line, we all saluted.

Commander Erwin continued, "Please be aware only the top ten can join the Military Police. So anyone from the top 10 that plan to join the Military Police, please step ahead and follow Commander Nile."

Marco, Jean and Annie step out of line and follow Commander Nile to, well I don't exactly know.

"NOW! Every soldier who chooses to serve their time for the Garrison, follow Commander Pyxis!"

Majority of the crowd disappears. Hah. Babies. Sorry to be blunt. It's not exactly my favorite branch. They're too scared to actually leave the Walls but don't want to spend their time patrolling the towns, so they choose to hang out around the Walls? Don't really understand it.

"HELLO SOLDIERS! AND WELCOME TO THE SURVEY CORPS!" Commander Erwin finished.

I smile a small smile but then turn my face into its usual poker face.

***

Even though we had graduated, we hadn't fully graduated. We still had to survive our first Expedition. The Command gave us a thorough tour of the HQ and introduced us to the Section Commanders and Captains.

He showed us around the sleeping quarters and they weren't too bad. I only had to share the small room with one other soldier, which I wasn't sure who.

At the end of the tour, The Commander requested Mikasa and I too see him in his office once we settle in. We both saluted and when he nodded I sighed and walked over to the huge crowd of people gathered around a piece of paper, that showed a soldiers room number. I managed to push my way through and I took the paper. Suddenly people noticed me and started clapping for sopme reason.

"Good job on getting first!"

"Congratulations!" People said and so on.

"Thanks" I said and smiled a convincing smile. I looked at the paper.

It gets to a point where a smiling is just a pain.

I put my finger under each name and slid it down, looking for Y/N L/N.