Chapter 23 - Harmony

Rey did not look back to see if Ben would follow her. She was still a little embarrassed about the misunderstanding regarding the "physical activity" question. Besides, she could not wait to leave the cave and train. Being together in the small cave and this constant tension between her and Ben made her yearn for movement and distraction. She stepped out of the cave entrance and looked around for a suitable training place. Right next to the cave there was no possibility, as the rocks mostly led downwards and would offer just little space for combat training.

She looked up to see a larger ledge a few feet above the cave entrance. She looked around at Ben, who had also stepped out of the cave and said, "There could be a larger area up there that we can use." He nodded and both started the short climb. In fact, when they had passed the lead, there was a flat platform in front of them, providing enough room for both to safely perform complex exercises.

The view was breathtaking. The sunlight and the clear air made sure that the wild and beautiful landscape in the valley was well visible. Rey could only marvel at so much lush greenery and water.

Ben stood next to her and also looked across the wide horizon. "It's very nice, isn't it?" he asked her. Rey said nothing and he continued thoughtfully, "I wish I could remember more about my childhood and life here, but the memories are somehow faded, blocked ... whatever."

Rey looked at him and replied, "There is probably a deeper reason why your memories are so sketchy, either Snoke made sure that everything that reminded you of the good things about your parents disappears, or you have hidden your memories of yourself so as not to be vulnerable or to make it easier for you to leave everything." He looked at her with those dark eyes, in which the emotions always threatened to explode. That look made her want to hug him again. "Maybe you'll remember, if you let it go, one day." Instead of hugging she took his left hand in hers and squeezed it short but determined. The storm in his eyes instantly diminished and he nodded hesitantly.

Then he straightened his shoulders and said, "Well, I already know from our fight in the throne room that you are extremely strong in the force by natural instinct. But I think it would be helpful if we first check how your knowledge of levitation is through the force really, because there is so much more possible for protection if you use this knowledge wisely. Are you going to demonstrate something to me?"

She shrugged her shoulders. "Master Luke told me being a Jedi has nothing to do with whether or not you can float rocks ... but I've at least once brought an entire rock face to float on Crait when I had to." He raised his eyebrows and replied, "Well, that sounds promising. Show me!"

Rey began concentrating on a boulder about the size of BB-8, which was close by. She raised her hand and extended it in the direction of the stone to channel her force. Promptly, the big stone began to rise and after a few seconds hovered at shoulder height in front of them.

Suddenly she felt Ben come into her head to read her mind. Instinctively, she tried to shut herself off. However, the connection to the rock was broken and he fell with a loud crash back on the rocky ground. Angry, she turned to Ben and hissed, "Why are you trying to use my concentration to penetrate my thoughts?" He smiled diabolically and replied, "I wanted to see if you could still keep the connection in distraction. Well, that did not work so well."

She crossed her arms slightly annoyed and replied, "Let's go, Ren, I want to see what you can do." He smiled and raised his arm in the direction of the rock without interrupting her eye contact. Rey says out of the corner of her eye that the rock had risen in a fraction of a second. She started an attack on his thoughts and turned on him. But he somehow managed to seal off part of his concentration.

She penetrated deeper into his soul, wanted to see if that would affect him, only to find a moment later a picture of them both half naked and tightly wrapped in black satin sheets. The satin bed was on a spaceship, because you could see space through a huge window on the top of the mattress. However, she did not care about the environment when she looked at their two sweaty bodies, while Fantasy Ben and Fantasy Rey loved each other tightly.