Chapter 38

Blaze

I sighed as she stomped away in anger. In a way, I was still in denial of what my mate was going through. It was clear she didn't know. And soon she will be a danger to everyone around her.

Nevertheless, the control she has over her crazy wolf is astounding. No doubt she has gone through some really tough training. But that won't help in the long run. Only her mate can. Only I can.

And that too, before she completely goes crazy. After that even I would be ineffective as well.

For mate-less wolves, death is the easisiest option.

I could hear Xavier growl at my direction of thoughts. I could hear his accusation in that growl.

Now that it is confirmed her wolf is going feral, I really don't know how to handle it. Way to go Blaze.

When I saw her this morning, it was like I went crazy. The mate bond was acting all crazy. I thought I will pounce on her after the first scent. She had a pine tree drawing on her chin... and she looked cute with it.

When I thought of who might've drawn it, I didn't find it so amusing. It was to see just how close Jason and Zara had become that I wanted to go to the beach with them. The moment I smell something fishy... I don't know what I will do.

Ugh, why is everything about her such a confusion?

I fell guilt in full force after Jem left to take care of some luna duties. And also because Zara scared her. I felt bad for not following her to calm her down. I also feel guilty about how less attention I give her nowadays. She is too naïve to have noticed or complained about it. she is too understanding.

Derek's voice interrupts me from my thoughts.

"So..." he drawled.

"Whatchu gonna do about your mate?" the whole question just ticked me off. But then again, he is an alpha, he must know those symptoms. I don't really want to share this burden with anyone for some reason.

I just sigh.

"Look, can you just forget it?"

"Sure, it is not my mate who is digging a grave for herself." He said lighting a smoke.

I could feel my blood boiling at that statement. There was still something I could do about it. I know that is what he meant.

I took a step towards him and he raised his hands in surrender.

"Whoa, whoa, I know what you feel. I lost mine in a car accident years ago. I still feel the pain of losing her. At least I don't have to regret I couldn't do anything about it. "

I took a step back. What he said made sense. It stirred something in me. I never really liked her. Hated her even for replacing Jem. But the thought of her death left a very unpleasant feeling inside me.

"I know I said that she lacks physical strength, but boy did she prove me wrong. It seems that unconsciously while she suppresses her wolf she is compromising her physical strength to it too. Maybe to keep her wolf on a tight leash. It must be exhausting. That level of control is nevertheless very admirable."

I nodded, frowning, at the destroyed room. Normally, I would punish someone for it. But this is a special case.

Derek slid down against the wall. That stupid, drug-induced smile spreading through his face.

"She's got potential, that one. Potential to be one of the greatest lunas. She is strong, and feisty and... strong. Honestly, the girl is a mystery so I don't know much. But I can see why she is your mate. " he observed.