eleven.

"Stupid kissing. Stupid
roaming hands. Stupid boys."
— Jessica Park

Jungkook POV

The sick feeling in my stomach got worse with each step down the sidewalk, especially with every bite I forced down into my tummy. Taehyung kept talking like nothing happened because that's what it was to him, nothing. I had to keep reminding myself that.

I didn't mean to grab his hand and keep holding it, it just happened.

I know we just met recently, and it's not like I'm in love with the guy, but the possibility of him being embarrassed by something so small being done in public that shouldn't matter, it made my heart sink and I felt ashamed with myself.

There was more though, there had to be. Something that bothered Taehyung and made him act differently here in public compared to his friendly behavior behind closed doors. I wanted to ask, but now wasn't the time.

"Here." Taehyung said, breaking me out of my thoughts as he placed the last meat kebab he had onto my own paper dish. "You seem more hungry." he smiled.

I looked down and noticed I had finished my serving, empty wooden sticks laying lonely as my nerves must have made me eat quicker than I thought. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"So where are going exactly?" Taehyung waited to ask until I finished chewing, tossing both our trash into a bin as we walked passed it.

"Dance studio." I said, noticing the twitch of his lips as he grinned. It was becoming predictable now, the snarky and playful remarks thrown my way, leaving me to continue wondering if he was serious or not. "You're really excited to take me on this date aren't you?" he smiled.

I rolled my eyes and kept walking, the mask sitting snug over my chin and keeping it somewhat warm as the air got colder as night approached, "If we're going to be technical, you asked me."

Taehyung simply waved my words away, "Yeah yeah, let's not bother with details." he said following me around the corner and the next few doors down to the studio.

The bright red doors stood in the center of the front of the building, large floor-to-ceiling glass windows lined each side and allowed a sight into the lobby of the dance studio, bright lights illuminating the marbles floors and front desk. The name of the studio sat in large letters across the wall behind the front desk, and the woman working smiled as Taehyung and I walked in. I pulled out my badge that showed my clearance for use of the dance rooms, the studio was privately owned and only trained those who paid quite a lot for it. Jimin and I were able to get jobs and that allowed us some use of the rooms in our free time.

"Fancy." Taehyung mumbled, fingers tapping along the granite counter as his eyes looked around the lobby.

I glanced his way for a moment, nodding quickly and smiling in thanks to the woman as she let us pass down the hall, unlocking the door. Taehyung followed behind me as I led the way down the hall, red carpeted floors leading to multiple studios on either side of varying occupancies. I stopped by studio room D, knowing only higher level classes were being held at night and those are always in the first few rooms.

"So," Taehyung started, making himself comfortable on one of the rolling chairs placed by the sound table, "Dance for me Kookie."

"That's how you think this works?" I raised an eyebrow, setting my bag down beside the table and hooking my phone up to the speakers.

The older boy only nodded, that dumb grin on his face as he leaned back, "We need to practice for our next date."

This certainly caught my attention, but the playful nature to his tone still made me cautious, he was most likely joking. I bent down to tighten my laces, "Please continue." Maybe I'd listen, go along with it for a while, but I won't get my hopes up.