Goodbye

"Don't fucking talk to me." John shouted, slamming his front door once again to his brothers who were trying to comfort him.

Two nights ago, you were found with not only a bullet wound to the chest, but stab marks trailed up your legs. Polly had found you and never had she screamed so hard in her life.

Small Heath already felt different for you were the only person who seemed to make everything brighter and happier.

"Brother, she wouldn't have wanted you to be sulking around at home all day." Arthur told his brother. It was true. Death to the Shelby's was taken as a warning. There'd be the funeral, then a drink at the Garrison and finally, you'd be forgotten. But not you. Everyone had a special space in the heart for you. Including a grumpy Thomas Shelby.

"The children need their father John." Ada tried to convince her brother through the locked wooden door that separated them.

"And they need a mum to Ada." The words brought more tears to everyone's eyes. It was a known fact that you and John were inseparable. You were always together, whether it be a shootout or just a walk to the betting shop.

"He can't be on his own." Tommy muttered, securing the cigarette in his mouth and kicking his younger brothers door down.

They came in to see him by the fireplace where you loved to go after you put the kids to bed. He was running his fingers over the little cliche notes you used to leave him.

"We're all hurt." Tommy patted his shoulder. The others let themselves in, each taking a seat on the sofa.

"Not like I am." He whispered.

"It's not the same as Grace dying, I'll admit." Tommy continued but he was touching a soft spot.

"Course it wasn't Tommy and you know why? I've known Y/N all my life. I've been in love with that fucking girl since I was seven years old. The only way I can even think of speaking to her is going to her damn grave." John spat in anger, but they all knew he was grieving.

"She didn't deserve that." Linda piped in.

"Thanks for the sympathy Linda, but you didn't know her like I did. None of you did." John muttered, going back to reading the letters.

"We're gonna get who did this to her John." Michael told him and he just nodded.

"I've got a fair thought in mind who it was." John spoke, making them all alert.

"You tell us a name and a place and we've got them." Finn reassured him.

"Think wisely, Italians tried to kill Y/N, Michael and I before, they were never going to just stop if one of us made it out." Tommy suddenly felt the urge of guilt fall over him. He was the reason for Italian business. John turned to him.

"I don't even know what you're doing here. You put all of us behind bars, including my very pregnant wife. You're the one who deserves to be dead Tommy." John shoved him before exiting the house again.

"John where are you going?" Polly called out, but then he found himself running. Running to the hospital where he knew your body was still at rest. He slowed himself down just before he got to the building and slid down a wall, losing every last bit of emotion he had.

"Why'd you have to die Y/N?" He cried to himself, the tears undoubtedly rolling down his cheeks.

"Why'd you leave me?"