Chapter 74

Smoke's POV

I tumbled around with the love of my life. Nala, now named Olive, pinned me to the floor.

"I missed you! I was so scared." She whined, nuzzling my chest. 

"I know Olive. It's okay now. We're together." I replied, licking her nose reassuringly. She smiled at me, her purple eyes shining with love.

"AW~!!!" We turned spotting Nova and Snow staring at us. We quickly broke apart and they laughed.

"You two are the best couple! Well, other than Connor and (Y/n) of course!" Snow said.

"Thanks." Olive said.

"So, who the heck is that blue haired lady?" I asked. Nova growled at the mention of her.

"Her name is Dagger Scott. She's working with the three humans you met today to solve the investigation of the android attacks." Nova said.

"Yeah. (Y/n) doesn't like Dagger and neither do we. She makes me feel uneasy and it makes the hair on my back stand up." Snow agreed.

"What's so bad about her?" Olive asked.

"I don't know, but something doesn't sit right with her for me either." I agreed.

"We should do something about it." Snow said.

"No. We'd get in a lot of trouble if we did something." Nova said.

"It's the most likely outcome." Olive agreed.

"I don't know...I feel like...she's dangerous." I said.

"Me too." Nova agreed. 

"But if we do anything to her they'll do worse to us. We can't make Connor or Hank mad. Even if (Y/n) and Dagger don't get along, not everybody gets along, right?" Olive said.

"True..." I said.

"I don't know. I just don't like it." Snow said.

"Well...maybe we could spy on her?" Olive said.

"Great idea! If we find out more about her, we can see if she's truly bad or not!" I said.

"But what if we get caught?" Nova asked.

"How about Olive go? Dagger has never seen Olive before and she's the smallest of the three of us wolves. Snow is the most likely to get caught cause she's the youngest and least experienced. I'm dark colored, but I'm too big to go unnoticed. Your the best for sneaking around and everything, but if you get caught she'll know you instantly. Plus you are a bit bigger than Olive making it harder for you to hide if you have to." I said. They all thought about it.

"Great points Smoke! I'll do it!" Olive said, standing up proud and tall.

"Great!" Nova said.

"I have another idea! How about we all wait outside her house in case of trouble?" Snow said.

"Perfect! If things get furry in there, just howl for us and we'll all get you out together! Report to us with your findings as you go through the house too!" Nova said. We all smiled and I put my paw in the middle of our group.

"Team animals is a go!" I said. They all put their own paws into the middle.

"Team animals!" We cheered.

"We'll go tonight after everybody is asleep." Nova said. "Snow and I can sweep the house since we know it the best and once its confirmed that everybody is in bed, then we'll be off! I know a secret way around the pool to get outside and back in again! We'll take that route!"

"Everybody agreed? We're doing this?" I asked.

"We're in!" They all cheered.

"Then let's do this animal crew!"

Connor's POV

I didn't understand why (Y/n) and Dagger could never get along. They seemed a lot like each other, yet they were always tense around each other. I liked Dagger. She was very nice to me and Hank. I just didn't agree with how she treated (Y/n). It did make me upset. It was why me liking her had quickly gone into neutral. I didn't know what to think of her anymore.

I was watching a movie with (Y/n). It was something I always enjoyed. I smiled as I had one arm wrapped around her waist and she had her head peacefully resting on my shoulder. I loved her. I loved her more than anything. That much would always be true. I would do anything for her. If it ever came down to it, I would always chose (Y/n), depending on who the other choice was. It was either her, or both. It would never be neither and it would never be somebody else by themselves. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye and smiled wider. She was so beautiful, so perfect. She was mine. I would never have it any other way. I thought. I kissed the top of her head and she smiled at me. I smiled back. I will love you forever, always, and no matter what. I promise (Y/n). I promise. I love you, sweetheart.