'8

the day after the raven-haired came again to the shop, it was the third time already and it was almost becoming an habit stopping everyday for a coffee.
he did so for a whole week and they couldn't deny how both were pleased to see each other on a daily basis.
the older was always welcomed by the warm voice the blonde-haired waiter had, asking what he could bring him.
"one americano, as always sugarfree."
"of course!"
"thank you mark."
"no problem."
"no, not thank you for the coffee, for the candies."
the worker blushed slightly as he suddenly remembered his bold move from yesterday.
"it's nothing, i-i hope you liked it."
"they were good, i don't like sugary things but strangely they weren't that bad."
"you have to eat sugars though, it's not good exaggerating but a bit of it should be part of your diet."
"i know, don't worry, and even if i do forget i always have your candies."
the worker just smiled at those words and nodded, not regretting one bit how bold he had been yesterday.
"i'm really glad to hear so, now i'll go and make the coffee, see you in a few minutes!"
the raven-haired nodded and looked at the boy, waiting for him as he suddenly came back with his americano.
"here you go."
"thanks."
"this is for the coffee, right?"
the raven-haired chuckeld as he nodded and started sipping from his cup, his lips gently approached the drink as the blonde-haired looked at him fascinated.
but suddenly the silence was broken by the words that gently escaped the older's lips.
"...did you love him?"
their eyes met as the raven-haired turned around to look at the other boy.
"love, it's not the right word, i simply liked him."
"but still you looked sad the other day."
"everyone would be sad after a breakup but that wasn't love, i discovered that loving someone is a lot more than just liking him."
"how could you know that?"
"...there's someone that i love now, if the same thing had to happen with him, i'd have to cry myself to sleep at night until the end of my life."