63. They will be Acting

The first thing the next morning, Muria, Irina, and I headed straight for the club room. Our intent was to wait there for a while before heading to the student council room for the Committee meeting since it was scheduled to be later in the morning to allow for students that have other obligations such as clubs to help prepare for their events or for their classmates to check in with them in regards to any concerns that might still have to be addressed during the meeting.   

Loyd had stayed behind to continue the decoration process for our classroom. That morning when we had arrived their to take roll, I saw that it was mostly complete already, which is a good thing since it was Thursday. The tables and chairs that the customers will be seated at were substituted using the student's desks and chairs. This was done by pushing the desks up against one another to create a larger table. In addition to that, white tablecloths were draped over them in order to hide the fact that they were actually desks. The walls of the classroom were also decorated. My classmates had used wall drapes to conceal the normal classroom walls and used ribbons to give it a dash of color here and there.

It would appear that the plan for today was to set up the separator in the classroom so that the customer dining area will be separated from the makeshift kitchen. From what I've seen in the few minutes of loitering around that we did in the classroom to observe, the plan seemed to be using those rolling curtain stands to separate the two. I also saw the students had moved in some long rectangular tables that they will be using for the kitchen counters. What they'll be putting on top were the portable stoves and blenders that were piled up in boxes in the front corner of the class. There was also a mini refrigerator that someone must've brought from home to store the food ingredients that will be used during the day of the Festival. From what I've heard, all the classes that will be offering food items will store the bulk of their ingredients in the large refrigerators in the culinary classroom in order to free up space.

Anyhow, that has nothing to do with me. None of that is my job. Even during the day of the Festival, I wouldn't be required to help out in the classroom because I already did plenty of work in the Committee. However, I am kind of intrigued by how happy they looked when working. They seemed to be enjoying themselves as they tried on some of the finished maid and butler costumes, although some people were quite embarrassed to be wearing them.

Once we were in the club room, I moved to the seat that I usually used and sat down. I placed my school bag on the ground beside it before taking out my phone and continuing with that novel. As I was doing that, Muria and Irina had placed their bags down by the door. They then unzipped their bags and took out the script that the theater club president had given them yesterday to practice and memorize their lines. I glanced over at them as they produced the script from their bags, and from Irina's school bag, I noticed the stapled packet of paper that was our report that we shall present during the meeting today.

"My dear Verinel," Irina read her lines out loud with plenty of emotion and body language to act out the scene. "Why must we hurt each other? Is it because we both love the same man, the great Emperor Lezus?"

From what I know, the story that the theater club had someone from the literature club wrote was about a fictional Emperor of Vilheim and two of his beloved wives. Apparently, these two were the ones the Emperor Lezus loved the most, and because of this, the two were always in conflict with each other. I believe the characters the two chose were quite reflective of who they were in real life as well.

"I do not understand, dear Mary," Muria read her line, although with not as much emotion due to the fact that she was still somewhat embarrassed to do so although her bodily motion was extremely fluid and smooth. "Why must thou love the man I love? Aren't we dearest of friends since the merciful Goddess had planted our lives onto this world?"