Juliet (J.S)

JULIET'S POV

A/N: Underlined sentences are spoken in French. Bolded are spoken in German

March 19th, 1959. 11:19 am. Lubbock Hospital

I finally am able to sit up. That birth was a hard one.

The labor nurse, Jackie, comes in with Wyatt and Walter. "I gave Walter a green hat and Wyatt a blue one. I personally suggest to paint their toenails when they arrive home for a differentiator."

I nod. "Okay, will do."

She hands me Walter and Russ Wyatt. I've never seen Russ cry before these babies were born.

"Baby, these little creatures are georgous." Russ sighs, holding Wyatt close.

I grin. "I know, I know, they look just like you, aw." They have his same blonde hair and little versions of his nose.

"They're perfect, baby. You did so, so well."

"It was all worth it for these little humans!"

"I know,"

"Can you call Vi and have her and Buddy visit? I want them to spend some time with the babies before they leave."

Russ nods and gently hands me Wyatt. He walks out of the room.

Here I sit, with two little identical bundles of joy. I can't believe that I finally had my kids. I can't believe I'm starting a family. I never ever thought that I would.

February 8th, 1943. 4:39 pm. The Orphanage, Paris.

I peek out the window and see Violette sitting with Koch. He's coaching her in German. She's always been better at languages than Vincent and I. She can speak AND listen. I can just listen. I get so frusterated when I try to learn

I see another group of soldiers march past the orphanage. Koch and Violette immediately stand up and Koch grabs her arm in a threatening way.

"Taking care of that little shit, there, Koch?" One of the soldiers calls.

"You know it, Müller!" Koch replies, yanking Violette's arm.

"Yeah, hit that little frog twice for me!" The soldier laughs as the group walks away.

Once they're gone, Koch lets go of Violette's arm and they sit back down.

"I'm sorry, little Violette." Koch sighs.

Violette rubs her arm. "It's okay, they were scary."

Koch nods. "I will always protect you, okay?"

Violette pulls her legs up to her chest and nods. "Okay."

I'm jealous of Violette. Koch has always liked her most. It isn't fair!

Well, I guess it is fair. Madam Martin likes me most and Monsieur Martin likes Vincent most.

I duck out of the window and wander into the dining room. There's only six orphans left besides Vincent, Violette and I. There used to be twenty, but then the bombs dropped.

Anne and François are playing marbles in the corner.

Lucas and Claude are playing battle.

While Colette and Pierre are drawing.

I wonder where Vincent is. He is probably doing a maths worksheet with M. Martin.