Chapter 3

"It's been a week, how are you feeling?" A nurse asked Taehyung who was eating strawberry ice cream happily.

"I'm good! Ice cream makes me happy!" He showed a box smile, shoveling another spoonful in his mouth.

"That's great to hear. And that boy that comes in... is he your best friend?" She asked while she checked his vitals.

"Mm!" He swallowed the rest of the strawberry goodness. "Yeah! He's my best best best best friend!"

"That's so good to know, I'm glad you two are friends."

"Mhm! Although he does cuss sometimes and he doesn't mean to... it's kinda cute when he says words he's not supposed to..." He blushed and looked at his fingers, twiddling them as she stood up.

"Do you like this boy more than a friend?" She asked gently.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you like him as a lover?" She asked.

Taehyung blinked as if he didn't know what she said. He suddenly got a sharp pain to the head, causing him to shut his eyes tightly and hold his head as he groaned in pain.

Brief moments of memories played in his head, all of the times they've held hands, or when he blushed when Jungkook made a joke, or that time they saw the butterflies on Jungkook's wall... how the colors beautifully illuminated his face... how the yellow butterfly landed on Jungkook's finger. He wanted to kiss him in that moment. But he couldn't. He couldn't be put back in that place.

"Taehyung... Taehyung? Taehyung!!"

His head snapped up, looking at the three nurses that are now in his room. "What?"

"Are you okay? Maybe you should lay down..." A nurse said, pushing him back on the uncomfortable bed.

"I'm fine... what are you talking about?" He scrunched his eyebrows, sitting back up.

"You kinda blacked out on me, I got scared when you wouldn't answer." The first nurse said, her name was Lisa.

"Oh... sorry I just had a flashback." He laughed and rubbed the nape of his neck.

"A flashback?" Nurse two said, her name was Ruby.

"Yeah... It's not that important! It was just me in my friend's room that's all."

Speaking of the friend, Jungkook walked inside. A little unsure if he should walk in because of all the nurses surrounding Taehyung.

"Can- bunnies! I c-come in?" He asked softly, looking a bit awkward.

"Kookie!" Taehyung held his arms out, wanting a hug. The nurses bowed, knowing that Taehyung was okay. They walked out and left the two alone.

"H-hey how are- shit! you doing?" Jungkook walked over to the boy, hugging him while crawling on the bed to sit next to him.

"Better now that your here!" He smiled and put his hands on top the younger's hands. Jungkook blushed but hid his face from the older, he couldn't tell Taehyung that he loved him right after all of this happened. I mean, he did put Taehyung in a coma for three years.

"T-Taehyung... Can I a-ask- fuck! you something?" Jungkook asked, flipping his bangs out of his eyes.

"Sure! Anything!" His eyes glowed, as Jungkook's eyes locked on Taehyung's, everything surrounding them disappeared. It was just the two of them, holding hands, together. Blue and purple roses sprouted on the ground, the northern lights also appearing above them. They were outside in the dark, the lights and the stars were all they had besides each other. Taehyung's eyes drifted down to Jungkook's lips, their faces inching closer by the second. Taehyung felt that this was the right time to show how he felt for Jungkook, the memories all made sense. The hand holding, the blushing... it all made sense! Their faces were centimeters apart, Taehyung could feel Jungkook's breath. Just one more move and-

"Do you r-remember anything I- bunnies! did to you?" Jungkook spoke, bringing Taehyung back to reality. His face turned mad red, he was embarrassed that he tried to kiss Jungkook- or did he? Was it all in his head? Did he not move from his spot?

"What do you mean?"

"How I put y-you in- pink! here..."

"You didn't put me in here! My house caught fire!" That was what the nurses and doctors had told him, from the report that Jimin had given.

Jungkook nodded slowly, not wanting to hurt Taehyung's head every time he explained something to him. A nurse walked in the room, a clipboard in her hands and a smile on her face.

"I have some good news, Taehyung."

"More ice cream?!" He said with big eyes.

"Not exactly." She laughed. "You're going to be released tomorrow afternoon."

"Really?!" The heart monitor began to beep rapidly, the boy was just excited.

"That's right, and you'll get to spend all your time with Jungkook." She smiled at the younger who gave a nervous smile. Taehyung hugged Jungkook, bringing him on top to lay on his chest. Jungkook became even more nervous, causing him to say words and jerk his head. The nurse smiled and ruffled both of the boy's hair, walking out after.

"This is gonna be fun!" He gave a box smile, rubbing his cheek on Jungkook's head over and over. Jungkook couldn't think of the right words to say, so he just laughed and nodded. He wouldn't know how it would feel to be with Taehyung again. His mom already let him sleep with Jungkook all the time, so what would be the difference now?
"Are you even listening to me?" Taehyung pouted, causing Jungkook to snap out of his thoughts.

"N-no sorry... I- bunnies! was thinking o-of some- shit! thing." He said.

"What were you thinking about?" He asked with a giggle.

He rolled off of Taehyung, looking at his fingers. "T-Taehyung..."

"Mm?" He crawled to the side where Jungkook sat, looking into his eyes with his full attention.

"I t-think... I like- bunnies! you... t-too..."

"Of course you like me! I'm your friend!"

Who else remembers that line?

I wonder who said it...

Will that last forever though?