Chapter Sixteen

James really enjoyed having Renata around the home as soon as he got used to the idea of having the woman around nearly all day

James really enjoyed having Renata around the home as soon as he got used to the idea of having the woman around nearly all day. He definitely put the alarm clock she had given him to use as he didn't bring himself to oversleep and to ensure that he didn't flash Renata again, he placed a mirror on the back of the door so that he could always see himself before walking out of his room. It worked and after the awkwardness died down between the two of them, they were moving forward and things were honestly great.

It became a nightly routine to spend an hour or more in the hammock out in the garden. Harry absolutely loved it as he would travel back and forth between the two. James took to pointing out some of the stars, at least, the ones he could remember from his time at school. But Harry's and James' favourite part of the evening was learning the Italian version of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star." Renata would sing it every night while James would keep his leg out of the hammock and sway them back and forth. It actually worked to put Harry to sleep nearly every night as he would fall asleep on either one of them.

Brilla brilla una stellina

Su nel cielo piccolina.

Brilla brilla sopra noi,

Mi domando di chi sei.

Brilla brilla la stellina,

Ora tu sei più vicina

Not to mention, James found it precious whenever he heard Harry singing "Brilla Brilla" to himself while playing with his toys. James couldn't ignore how attached Harry had become to his nanny as he often followed Renata around the home or accompanied her when she went out to run some errands of her own. He had trusted her to take Harry out alone because he really couldn't find any reason not to trust her. Sometimes he would accompany her because he always felt like he missed out on the adventure whenever they came home and told them about their day.

Renata had made the connections she needed, contacting Molly and even contacting Augusta Longbottom to set up playdates for Harry. James knew that Molly wouldn't have a problem with it, but he was always surprised when Augusta agreed to meet up, whether it was at the park or invite Renata and Harry into the Longbottom home. He assumed that after the war, after losing so much that Augusta wouldn't want anything to do with anyone besides take care of her grandson and visit her son and daughter-in-law in hospital.

But apparently, Renata was a lot more convincing than he gave her credit for because one afternoon, she came back asking if it was alright if the boys had a bit of slumber party at the Potter household. It would just be Harry, Ron, and Neville and she swore that James wouldn't have to do anything that she would take care of everything.

"No, I want to help," James told her, "I want to be involved actually. It sounds like a lot of fun. You know what I could do?"

He was actually feeling excited about his proposal as Renata stood before him, ready to send the owls to Molly and Augusta that the slumber party was set to go.