The Proposal: Part One

The next day Connor was with Hank and he decided to ask for his advice on how to propose they become husband and wife. Connor had researched every possible thing he could on marriages, weddings and proposals, but he wanted Hank's opinion, and most importantly, his approval. Connor looked up to Hank as a father of sorts, or the closest he'd ever get to it, and as Tasha's adoptive father Connor figured it was only right to ask for his blessing.

"Hank?"

"Yeah, Connor?" The man sighed, knowing he was in for a long conversation.

"Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Connor," Hank groaned in annoyance, "Why do you ask when you know you're going to ask either way." He sighed again when Connor's LED flashed to yellow for a moment. "What is it?"

Connor was silent for a while as he pondered if he should continue with this conversation. There was a 90% probability that Hank would be alright with this decision, but it was the 10% probability of Hank hitting him that made him almost deter from asking. But in the end, he knew what he wanted to do.

"Should I propose to Tasha?"

Hank spit out some of his non-alcoholic beer, looking over to the Android with wide eyes, "Propose?! As in a marriage proposal?" He immediately took another swig as he stared with wide eyes.

"Yes, I would like to marry Tasha."

Hank spit out his beer again, staring at the Android in absolute bewilderment. "What?!?!?!?"

"I want Tasha to be my wife."

Hank calmed down after a few moments. Connor rarely used the word want, so when he did Hank knew it was a big step in the right direction. Hank sighed after a moment, looking away slightly, "I guess it's to be expected. You two are head over heels for each other. It's fucking gross."

Connor felt a little relieved when Hank had calmed down. "I really... I really want to marry her, Hank. She... she deserves so much more in life than to be with me but somehow Tasha loves me as much as I love her. I just... don't know how to approach this."

"You have infinite knowledge in that brain of yours, but you can't figure out how to propose?!" Hank shook his head in slight confusion. "Well, how would I know, Connor? In case you haven't noticed I'm not exactly a ladies man." Hank set his beer down, giving Connor his full attention.

"You're her father, Hank. You want what's best for her, and that's what I want too."

"Yeah, yeah, I know, son." Hank sighed, but had a small smile on his face at the recognition. "Marriage is a commitment, Alright? Now I don't think you'd ever in a million years hurt her, but I don't want either of you making the same mistakes I made when I was your age. Marriage means a lot more between you two — you guys may live forever."

"Forever with Tasha is all I want." Connor replied honestly, smiling. "Hank, I love her. I'd... I'd like her to be my wife, if you'd... allow me to ask her."

"You never had to ask me, son, but the fact you did is why you're so much more than a machine. I'm proud of how far you've come along." Hank smiled as he set his beer down. "What have you thought of so far?"

"I've been calculating the best approach of asking Tasha. I was thinking I'd do it at home when —"

"I'm gonna stop you right there," Hank said, turning to face Connor completely once more. "If you're going to propose to Tasha, you're going to want to do it in a romantic place. Your guys' house isn't exactly the spot of romance."

Connor sighed, letting his idea fly away while he looked at Hank eagerly, "What do you suggest?"

Hank pursed his lips for a moment as he thought. "Tasha loves the river. Even after her parents died she still went every week. That place means a lot to her."

Connor thought out the scenario. "That's a good idea. I can ask her out on a date. That's simple enough."

Hank scoffed, "Simple? You're shaking from nerves just talking about the proposal. Are you sure you're ready for this?"

Connor nodded instantly, "I am! I just want it to be perfect."

"Tash isn't a perfectionist." Hank shook his head. "She loves you, Connor. That's all that matters."

Connor nodded as he tried to plan out the proposal in his head.

The chance of success was 100%, but he was still nervous. Who wouldn't be?

"Our anniversary is coming up. Would that be a sufficient setting?"

Hank smiled slightly, "Yep, sounds like you got it from here, son."

Why do I feel so lost?

A/N: IT
IS
HAPPENING!
WHATS THE PROCEDURE EVERYONE?!?!?!?

If you guys have ideas for the actual wedding let me know as I haven't wrote it yet ;) thank you for reading your comments keep this story alive