eleven

kenzie's pov

"oh, hey john!" i widen my eyes as i open the door to see him. "why are you here so early?"

in other words- fuck. why? because it's 8am and i'm in my flannel pajamas. and i'm wearing a completely sheer shirt. thank god im wearing a sports bra. to add to the mess, my hair is a total birds nest. obviously, i wouldn't be dressed like this if john had told me he was coming. so obviously, he hadn't.

john doesn't look too good either; it's clear he hasn't slept. he has under-eye bags and his hair is spiky and uncombed. he's in a pair of gray sweatpants and a black shirt. "hey kenzie." he mumbles, meeting my gaze.

"what's wrong?" i ask, feeling more than a little worried after realizing his state. "is everything okay?"

"no."

my heart accelerated in fear. suddenly, i gasp and grab his arm. "oh my god, its lolo, isn't it? is she okay?" it's the only logical explanation i can think of. i know that if something truly awful had happened, she would've been here with john. unless the truly awful thing happened to her. my world swarms before my eyes. i just got her back! she was finally my best friend again, and now she's in danger, if not dead.

"wait, i mean yes." he squeezed his eyes shut. "i mean, everyone's okay, i just . . . need something."

"oh." i untense, feeling stupid. i jump to conclusions faster than anything, that's for sure. but thank god that lauren is okay. "what do you need?"

"you." he whispers quietly. i raise an eyebrow.

"john, have you been drinking?"

"no."

"john, don't lie–" im cut off by johnny. more specifically, johnny's lips.

johnny fucking orlando is kissing me.

again.

my hands fly to his neck. i twist my fingers together, intertwining them at the back of his neck gently. his hands are on my waist. my skin burns at his touch, itching for more.

johnny seems to understand my silent pleads and folds up the corner of my shirt, gently rubbing his thumb against my bare skin. i pull him against me without putting a space between our lips and slam the door shut behind him.

john pulls away, his lips less than an inch from my ear. "mackenzie." he smiles, saying my name like it matters, and like it makes him happy. my heart warms at this boy, this beautiful, adorable boy. seeing him smile so purely reminds me of the days we were younger, maybe 6 or 7, and would run around the park laughing with pure joy.

i giggle and kiss his nose. john kisses me full on the mouth again with no hesitation. this time, his tongue playfully pokes at mine. i shiver and rub tiny circles on his neck with my thumb.

still wanting more, i pull away slowly and start to take off his shirt. john seems to understand and pulls it off over his head, tossing it down onto the floor. our lips reconnect right after. right now, i can only think of one thing; johnny.

just then, my eyes snap open. i sit up quickly, glancing around my room. no johnny. i stumble to my dresser in the dark and grab my phone. it's 1am. the realization slams into me, full force. i just had a dream about johnny.

oh my god, what the fuck is wrong with me? i see john today and there's no way i'm gonna be able to even look at him after that dream. my phone buzzes suddenly with a text. great, it's lauren. i tap into our messages and read her text.

lolo
>i cant sleep, u up?

you
same but sleeping's overrated anyway<

lolo
>hahah sleeping is CANCELLED
>come over?

fuck. how does one even respond to that? no, sorry, i just had a dream about making out with your brother and can't see him for at least another year without wanting to die, love you! yeah, no, that's not happening. i sigh and thumb in a lame excuse.

you
can't! maddie's coming over soon so i need to b @ home <

lolo
>OMG MADDIES COMING???

you
wait no<

lolo
>huh

you
nvm i'll be there in 5. <

lolo
>weirdo <33

so this is gonna be fun. not.

an// new cover :)
i absolutely hate this chap. however i did put lots of effort into it, the plot of this chapter just bugs me tho. i apologize i'm just trying to stretch out my story!!
ps go check out my new book, meant to be! <3
-ria