To Court A Lady

Part Eighteen

"So," Jungkook asked as they reached a booth in which you have to throw bean bags into the face of a clown

"So," Jungkook asked as they reached a booth in which you have to throw bean bags into the face of a clown. Jimin had finished his cotton candy, looking like he had just kicked a puppy when he stared at the empty cone - having to throwing it out. Jungkook wiped some excess pink sugar from Jimin's lips with his thumb, sighing which made the younger butterfly a kiss on Jungkook's finger before he pulled away, giving a little apologetic smile.

Jungkook only shook his head with a laugh, the sound of it practically stopping Jimin in his spot. It wasn't loud or forceful, instead the ring of it had an almost sweet touch. Sometimes Jimin forgets that Jungkook is younger than him. The blonde boy turned his blushing cheeks away, feeling guilty for having the two of them just spent an entire ten minutes trying to find any recycling bin because Park ducking Jimin would be damned if he hurt the environment - especially after watching Moana where the main character is quite literally trying to save an alive mountain.

Jimin's eyes went wide at the clown face booth as they passed it. The stand was somehow not terrifying - which was a surprise since everyone knows that clowns are the epitome are the devil incarnate. This one though, was somehow drawn in a way which Jimin only found funny, the thought maybe being enforced by the feeling of safety walking at Jungkook's side. Things somehow always seemed brighter with him.

The pair slowing down next to the booth as Jimin noticed a panda plushie with blue spots the color of his own sweater as one of the prizes. Jungkook took advantage of the boy's drifting attention as he was now able to get a better look at Jimin's exposed neck. He leaned in close, putting a hand on Jimin's back, wanting to tease him. "Is my kitten wearing boxers," Jungkook growled, his voice low, "or is he wearing my favorite Minnie decoration," he whispered as he placed a kiss on Jimin's neck.

Jimin stopped. Glared. Turned around. And punched Jungkook right in the shoulder - hard. Jungkook actually winced, rubbing the spot where the shorter punched him. God damn - the guy looked like such a tiny delicate flower - but those muscles aren't just for show. Jungkook may even have a bruise tomorrow morning from it.

"You have to win me that panda now as an apology."

"Wait what?"

"You heard me."

Jungkook looked at Jimin's playfully angry pout, crossing his hands in front of his chest as he glared at the taller. Jungkook shook his head, stepping up to the man working the stand and paying for a round. Needless to say, Jungkook was an absolutely horrible shot, and the amount of laughs Jimin had gotten out of Jungkook's display of hand eye coordination more than made up for his earlier comment.

Jungkook was getting frustrated, cursing at the clown face cut out as if it was a breathing being - and let me tell you - Jungkook used every color in the rainbow to express his discontent. Jimin had to physically pull Jungkook away from the stand before he destroyed anymore property with his terrible aim. Who knew bean bags could be so lethal?

Jungkook was quiet for a little while, his jaw clenched until Jimin slipped his hand in the taller's, giving it a squeeze. "I'm sorry."

"What for?"

"I didn't win you that panda, Jimin," Jungkook sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. Jimin only burst out laughing again, pinching Jungkook's cutely puffed out cheeks.

"It's okay," Jimin said, genuinely smiling, "I think the memory of you hitting that old lady with the Donald Trump hair behind the clown face was prize enough."

"She threw her purse at me!"

"That she did."

"Oh you shady little-"

"Beautiful human being whom you adore." Jimin finished for him, making Jungkook mutter something inaudible under his breath - but Jimin knew that whatever it was it could only be kind, loving, words.

"Oh! Kookie, look!" Jimin jumped, pointing at the Ferris Wheel which had lit up suddenly as someone flipped the switch for the thousands of colored light bulbs to glimmer. The shorter pulled on Jungkook's sleeve, shifting around needingly as he did his most impressive puppy eyes to date. Jungkook didn't look the most enthusiastic, but when Jimin begged, you didn't say no.

"Can we ride it?"

"Ride who?"

"You."

"Oh." Jungkook said, raising his eyebrows.

"I'm kidding, the Ferris wheel silly!"

"I know, I know, just wanted to see you squirm a little bit more. You're adorable when you do, Park Jimin, did you know that?"

Jimin blushes happily, staring away from Jungkook's face, hiding his nervous smile. Honestly, Jimin was really touched that Jungkook had taken him to the fair. The boy didn't want to admit it, but for the first time in his life he didn't want to be anywhere near his once favored academy. The air there was starting to feel like water, and Jimin's head constantly dunked underneath it.

Jungkook had a small smile tugging at the edge of his lips at the way a warm color flooded Jimin's cheeks, wrapping his hands around the blond's little waist and resting his head on his shoulder. "Let's get in line then, okay?"

Jimin nodded his head, biting his lip, making Jungkook never want to let go after seeing that habit of his pop up again. "And I'm not wearing boxers, to answer your earlier question." Jimin said, so casually Jungkook had to double rewind the image of Jimin punching him to see if it actually happened or not.

"Then what are you wearing?"

Jimin only winked, throwing his head back in a laugh as he wiggled out of Jungkook's grasp to go get in line for the Ferris Wheel, the taller helplessly falling behind him.

>>>><<<<>>>>><<<<>><<<
A/N - I started all stars 3 today for rupauls drag race, and I'm team shangela rn. Me and my sister are waiting all stars 4 so we can cheer on favorite queens: Valentina, Kim Chi, and Naomi Smalls ❤️

- Violette 🌷