Chapter 7

"Meet the who?" You raised your eyebrow at the android.

"Elijah Kamski. We'll be leaving for his place tomorrow."

You sat on your chair, spinning your chair around slowly. Meeting the all-famous Elijah Kamski, eh? Something you thought you would never realize you have the opportunity to. Any normal person would immediately be excited to meet the founder of CyberLife, but you on the other hand....

"Uh... no thanks. I have my own problems to deal with this evening... rather not. I doubt I'll have enough time and energy to come with you guys. I'll see if I can, though."

Connor tilted his head, ignoring the fact that you're spinning around and around, potentially giving yourself a headache from doing so (you were doing it slowly, so I suppose you're safe from it for the time being), "How so?"

You stopped to look at him, "I got my own little case— Well, not exactly a case, so to speak. More and more androids have been missing in a certain street. I asked Fowler if I could check it out, and he let me. I'm mostly just going to look around and check if there's anything suspicious."

Connor's LED changed into the familiar color of yellow, "Will you be alone in the investigation?"

"Yeah— I mean, no... not really. Chris and another guy will be around the area. They'll be on patrol," you responded, kicking the floor subconsciously. You were curious as to why Connor asked you those kinds of questions. It was as if... he was worried.

Pfft, yeah right. You would be surprised if he was, right after the things he has done. Although Connor hasn't been pissing you or Hank off recently, you were still unsure if he truly changed or not.

"Don't you have to report to CyberLife or something?" You raised your eyebrow, crossing your arms as you leaned against your chair.

"No," Connor shook his head, "no I don't need to for the time being."

You shrugged, "Alright then."

Hank, not long after the silence has settled peacefully, came to you with an indescribable expression, "You two looked like you were about to make out."

You raised your eyebrow, confused and disgusted by Hank's comment, "Excuse me, Anderson?"

Hank smirked as he plopped himself down to his chair, "The whole station knows, Pancake. Can't believe you were into that kind of stuff. I was right back in Eden Club, after all."

Connor looked at the lieutenant, in his eyes were full of confusion and the desire for elaboration. He didn't know what the lieutenant had meant. You just sat there, dumbfounded.

"Old man, what do you mean?"

Hank chuckled, "The day at Stratford Tower."

You blinked, "Uh-huh...?"

"Chris saw you and Connor."

"Okay...?" You weren't sure where this was going.

"Connor was on top of you. Bare chest."

Processing...

Processing...

...

Screw you, Chris.

"Oh, that..." you covered your face with your hands, embarrassed about that incident. You had nearly forgotten about that due to what happened next after. No wonder why some of the officers here whistled upon your entry this morning. They were referring to.... that.

"That was an accident, okay?" You said. Your cheeks became red hot as you tried to explain.

"What? He just so happened to me shirtless and just so happened to be on top of you? "