[59] Telling Avery

.

.

  Avery Holmes

.

.

  I woke up in Niall's arms, my mind filled with good memories of the previous night. I tried to squirm out of his grip to go to the bathroom, but the more I fought against him the tighter he held me.

  I giggled and turned so that our chests were touching, looking up at his sleeping face. His blonde hair was tousled and his mouth hung slightly ajar. Something that I loved about seeing him sleep was how peaceful he looked.

  I nuzzled myself in his warm chest, closing my eyes and trying to fall back asleep. It was probably fairly late by now, but since we had such a late night last night, I figured we all deserved to sleep in. Aimee was still under the covers in her own bed with Timmy tucked safely under her arm.

  "Mmm," Niall grunted, turning over with me in his arms so that now I was basically laying on top of him. I giggled and kissed him on the lips as his eyes fluttered open, a goofy grin plastered on his face.

  "What time is it?" He asked, his voice deep from sleep. The peaceful boy that was sleeping moments ago was replaced by a man with worry wrinkles covering his forehead. 

  "Uh... I think it's ten something." I said.

  "Is Aimee awake?"

  "Sound asleep." I smiled. He grinned and blushed.

  "Good." 

  "Good?" (if i see some sort of tfios comment, i'll die. just because people repeat things doesn't mean it's from tfios, gosh.)

  "Yeah, good." He chuckled. "Because then I can do this without an audience."

  Suddenly hands cup my cheeks and before I know it I'm rolling on the bed and Niall is now on top. If it weren't for the fact that he was supporting his weight up, I would probably not be able to breathe from being squished underneath him.

  He kisses me and with everything happening and the fact that I was half asleep, it took me by surprise. I smiled and kissed him back, wishing that we were alone in the room so Aimee wouldn't potentially wake up to us making out in a bed.

  "I think this is a record," I finally admitted once we pulled apart. "It's been five minutes since I woke up and we've already made out." He laughed and rolled off me, keeping my one hand in his and playing with it.

  "We'll have to try to break that record sometime, then." He smirks.

  "Hey, I'm not complaining." I giggled, curling up in his chest. "You do seem... off, though. Is everything okay?" 

  "'Course." He assured me. "Everything is good."

  "You sure?" I raised my eyebrow, not completely convinced. "You seemed pretty eager to kiss me, even though you woke up only two minutes ago." 

  "Just want to make some memories." He shrugged. Something about his demeanor was sad, but I couldn't point my finger on why. 

  "We have plenty of time to make memories, Horan." I said, sitting up and stretching.

  "You never know." He said. "The future isn't set in stone, anything could happen." 

  Even though he was probably just blabbering, I couldn't help but hang onto his words. I wanted to figure out why he was being so jumpy and careful. Last night he tried to get Aimee to sleep in our bed and he locked the windows, and now he was saying something about not having time with me?