c h a p t e r e i g h t

it had been a good few weeks since delilah had seen or heard from anyone in the losers club, apart from ben and stanley

it had been a good few weeks since delilah had seen or heard from anyone in the losers club, apart from ben and stanley. the fight had completely divided the group and delilah felt herself shutting off, well that and hearing her dad may be up for parole soon.

delilah and beverly's friendship hadn't been affected in the slightest, which was what she was most grateful for. however, she was slightly disappointed that richie and herself also hadn't spoken since the fight. delilah thought about contacting him a number of times before realising that perhaps it wasn't her place to interfere with his and bill's friendship.

delilah was sat in her room, contemplating which book to read next. that's what she found herself doing these days, well that or going to see stan. stan seemed to have the same viewpoint in the whole situation that she did, which they often bonded over. delilah also found herself becoming a lot closer to ben, mostly because of the amount of times they'd seen each other on the library.

delilah hadn't heard from beverly since early yesterday morning. it might not sound like a long time, but for the girls it was. just as delilah was thinking about whether beverly was ok and whether she should pay her a visit, her doorbell rang.

quickly, delilah sprinted down the stairs, hoping it might be beverly behind the door, but it wasn't. there stood richie, who delilah certainly wasn't expecting to be there.

"it got beverly." was all richie had to say before delilah ran out of the house with her shoes and jacket in her hand.

delilah jumped on the back of richie's bike, not having any time to grab her own from her garage. delilah and richie silently rose to bill's house, where the rest of the losers were waiting. it was nice to see that even though they had fought, they all cared about beverly enough to put it behind them.

once again delilah got on the back of richie's bike and the group set off to the house on neibolt street, knowing full well that was where beverly was.

delilah felt a sense of dread and anger as they all got off their bikes and approached the front door. no one knew what was waiting for them on the other side of the door.

"guys, spikes." bill said, as everyone started looking around for sharp objects, as they had proven to work the best in their previous encounter with it.

richie found an old bottle and thought it would be a good idea to smash it. delilah only let out a sigh and a slight laugh when she heard the glass smash and saw the defeat on richie's face.

they entered the house as a group, all except one. delilah somehow knew this would happen. she'd grown to know stan very well and with that she knew his fears of this house.

"stan, we all have to go." bill informed, trying to make stan move off the front porch and into the house. "b-b-beverly was right. if we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one. if we sti-stick together, all of us, we'll win. i promise."

"please stan." delilah pleaded. "beverly needs us, she needs you."

stan took the step through the boarded up door and everyone seemed to breath a sigh of relief as the continued through the house.

delilah didn't move from richie's side the whole time they made their way down to the well. he didn't say anything to her, and she didn't to him, but she felt safe just knowing he was near, even if there was an evil clown waiting in anticipation for their arrival.

"hey eddie, you got a quarter?" richie asked, trying to lighten up the situation at least somewhat.

"i wouldn't want to make a wish in that fucking thing." eddie replied.

the well seemed to go down forever, and delilah wondered how they were ever going to find beverly with such a huge space to look in. however, they would find beverly, she knew they would.

"beverly!" ben shouted down the well. delilah didn't know if ben expected to hear a reply but nevertheless they didn't, but she admired his efforts.

"well let's get down there." mike said, setting up a rope for people to climb down.

bill was the first to climb down, eddie second, then richie, then delilah who was wuixkly followed by ben and stan. mike went last, but before he could make his way down there was a scream.

none of the losers knew what was going on or what was happening to mike. they called out to him with no response, and then henry bowers face emerged at the top of the well looking down at all of them. delilah gasped in shock and horror, not expecting to see henry stood there when she looked up.

henry's face was covered in blood. he looked more evil than usual. henry smirked before throwing the rope down the well and the losers each tried to grab it, to no avail.

they continued to shout up to both mike and henry, trying to see if mike was alright and trying to get henry to leave him alone.

the losers tried to look for a solution to the problem they were in, but there was no way they could help, especially without a rope.

as they all panicked there was another scream and a body fell past them to the bottom of the well. delilah couldn't tell whether it was mike or henry as her view was blocked by multiple heads, she just hoped and prayed that mike was still at the top of the well.

delilah's prayers were answered as she saw mike's face at the top of the well instead of henry's. delilah didn't think she'd ever been so happy to see someone's face before. except for richie's.

"it's ok." mike reassured. " i'm ok."

everything seemed to be going back on track as mike was loading up his grandfather's gun. until, the bullets followed henry and fell down the well.

mike managed to get down to the tunnel. delilah turned around to makes sure stan was ok, only to find out that he was no longer there.