Chapter Twenty: Baby Blake

9 months later...
(Ember's pov)
I pushed my dinner away from me completely satisfied. Damon is one hell of a cook. "You done babe?" He asked I nodded, pecking him on the lips.

We we're staying at my pack with his family, my parents had a log cabin built for us. It was like the pack house but way bigger and it was on our territory by redwood lake. The view was fantastic.

"I'm just gunna put it out there that I can't believe I'm going to be an aunt, to a pup with God like powers at that!" She exclaimed. I laughed lightly.

After I'd recovered in hospital from my ordeal I had proceeded to tell all of my family what had happened. Suffice to say they were all shocked. "Just think in seventeen years time my Claire will be twenty four and our max twenty six!" She exclaimed tearing up slightly.

"Ma! Don't be putting years on me I'm only fourteen!" Max exclaimed, Claire giggled at him and he growled playfully.

"How bout we all grab some scran?" Dom butted in. I had momentarily forgotten that Damon and mines child would grow up surrounded by three aunts and three uncles plus all of Damon's family. Nonetheless, we all loved her.

"So, did y'all decide in a name?" Bailey joined in as he stole some of Dom's bacon. Dom growled and went to hit him. Bailey chuckled.

"Hey man, we're family now; besides sharing is caring!" Bailey playfully sang. Damn males. Dom scowled.

"Don't mean I have to like it" he retorted and proceeded to snatch the bacon from Bailey who ended up munching his own fingers as Dom watched in amusement. "Don't steal my bacon" he stated and shoved it in his mouth.

"Self cannibalism, can you get any lower Bailey?" Rachael laughed, and kissed him.

"This is bullying!" Bailey yelled and shot us all puppy dog eyes. He turned to Dom. "Sharing is caring?" He mumbled with a pouty lip only to receive a punch in the nose. "Ow! You savage!" Bailey roared, ready to hit him back.

"OI! Pregnant Luna in the room! Take it outside!" Lyla hollered and dragged them by their ears outside. I swear our life is a damn soap opera. Screw the Kardashians.

Suddenly, the baby kicked. Hard. "Ow!" I cried out as she kicked again. Suddenly it felt like my bladder exploded. Oh shit. "Damon... My waters just broke!" I cried out. I could already feel the contractions.

"MUM! Y'all are needed!" Damon yelled. His mother burst through the door. "Ember's in labour!" He exclaimed. Immoderately she got her game face on.

"I linked the pack doctor she'll be here any minute now, Ember try to control your breathing Hun" she cooed as I sat there breathing heavily. Suddenly I heard sirens.

"Alright docs here! Damon go with Ember, the rest of you go get you're cars or whatever and follow us to the pack hospital!" His mother yelled. Everyone instantly cleared and she injected me with a pain reliever.

"It'll be ok Ember" she assured me. I was lifted on a gurney and wheeled out of the cabin with a nervous Damon following along. It was going to be a long day...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We reached the hospital and I was immediately wheeled to a room. Everyone waited outside am except for Damon and I took his hand as the contentions picked up, increasing the speed and pain. "Shit!" I cried out as tears leaked out if my eyes and I cried harder.

"Doc how long is the estimated labour?" Damon demanded. I could tell he was tense and worried. The doctor frowned.

"About one and a half hours" she stated and started hooking me up to machines. I braved myself for a long ride of pain...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cradled my baby girl in my arms as the doctor had ran tests and they came back positive, I watched in delight as she giggled and burped. "She's beautiful" I whispered. "You can hold her if you like".

I held her out to Damon who took her gladly and cradled her as she smiled at him, her finger curling around his thumb. "You picked a name yet?" Bailey asked. I laughed lightly. Suddenly she started crying and Damon's eyes widened.

"Her eyes are glowing blue! Like, bluer than mine!" He exclaimed as she cried harder. Nikki quickly pulled out a parchment and examined it.

"Rick her gently, she'll settle" she stated. Damon did as told and instantly she calmed down. "What colour are her eyes?" She asked. I took her from Damon and looked into her eyes and was shocked at what I saw.

Her eyes were a mix of Damon and my eyes. It was beautiful.

A/N: So the above picture is what the baby's eyes look like and what they will look like in the sequel! Xoxo

"They're gorgeous" Nikki mumbled and everyone else peered around us to get s look. They nodded in agreement.

"But why did they glow a really bright blue?" Dom asked. Nikki looked at the parchment.

"Well, after what Ember told me about the blessing that the baby received from the goddess, I did my homework and it's safe to say that she has emotion sensitivity as well as emotion sensing. Basically, she is able to feel and sense others emotions. Along with that her eye colour changes based on her own emotions". She explained.

"So how's it a good thing?" Tyler butted in. Lyla swatted him as did Sheila.

"It's a good thing because she can determine who is hostile and who's not. Who's friend and foe. The bad thing is that she will be prone to meltdowns, anxiety attacks, anger outbursts and emotional overload." She stated.

"Also I think she'll have your hair and some personality traits based on genetics and inheritance, at least from what I can tell. We just have to keep a close eye on her so she doesn't hurt herself because of the emotions." Nikki said. We all nodded simultaneously.

"Babe, I think I have a name." Damon pulled me from my thoughts and I focused my attention on him. "I think we should call her Blake" he said.

A smile bloomed in my face and the others nodded. "Blake is a girls name?" Tyler asked, sceptically.

"Yes you idiot. It can be both a girls and boys name" Lyla explained rolling her eyes I laughed and looked one again at my baby.

"Baby Blake, I like the sound of that" I said and kissed her forehead. I cradled her closely as my eyes started to droop. I love my family...

PLEASE READ⤵️
A/N: Hey guys! So that was chapter twenty and the last chapter of the book! :(

I know I feel bad ending it but I did give y'all a longer book and the baby was born. Anyway, I'm happy to announce that I'll be doing a sequel called 'Alpha Knight' and it will be the journey of Blake and her family along with her mate and her best friend.

I hope you guys enjoyed this book as much as me and I can't than you enough for the thousands of reads and support it received! So I hope that when the sequel comes out you will all enjoy it as much as you did this book!

Until the sequel comes out I hope you guys will check out my other published books and vote and comment! I also have many other books to come out soon and I hope you'll like them!

Until next time guys! Thank you again for reading! Xoxo