Chapter 81

You slammed the door shut. You were breathing hard and shaking in horror and anguish. You slide down the door and wrapped your arms around yourself. Your sobs wracked your body which was throbbing. You chest and throat hurt like hell, but you couldn't stop. I thought he loved m-me. You thought. 

Of course, your brothers had heard the front door slam so they'd come to investigate. 

"Sis?" Ash asked. Then he saw how hurt you looked. "(Y/n)!" He exclaimed. He rushed over to you, gripping your arm gently. "What happened?" You said nothing, feeling too crushed to speak.

"(Y/n), what happened? It's okay. You can talk to us." Zane said. You kept crying.

"Did something happen? Is Connor okay?" Kent asked. You felt your agony turn into fury. 

"Yeah....he's perfectly fine." You hissed.

"What? Then what's wrong?" Zane asked. You stood up.

"He's a sick ass bastard." You growled.

"What?!" Kent exclaimed.

"Sis what are you saying?" Ash asked. 

"I'm saying..." You harshly wiped the tears away. "he never loved me. I saw him in the park, kissing Dagger." You spat her name as if it would kill you just saying it." They all looked shocked to the bone.

"He. Did. What?" Ash hissed.

"He cheated on me. Seemed pretty upset when I found out. Doesn't matter though. I told him if I ever saw him again, I'd put a bullet in his skull." You said and went up to your room without another word.

Carl's POV

No...Connor would never do that. I know him! It's not his fault. I'm sure of it! I'll find out what happened. I HAVE to. For my sister. I know she doesn't want to show it, but something just died inside of her. He's the only one that can bring it back. I thought.

Nova's POV

"CONNOR!!! NO!!! GET AWAY FROM HIM!!" I screamed, launching at Dagger. Snow leaped off my back and latched onto her face, scratching her. She shrieked and pried Snow off swiftly. She whipped her away. I couldn't go to help her as much as I wanted to. I fought Dagger to the death. There was no way I'd let her take Connor. I wouldn't let her do this. Suddenly, she whipped out a knife and I felt it plunge into me. I froze, eyes wide. She grinned.

"Looks like you aren't invincible after all." She mocked. She threw me off the knife and I collapsed. My vision was going blurry. I couldn't feel my legs. My lungs were aching. Snow ran over to me, tears in her eyes. I sent and SOS signal to the boys. Dagger laughed. She grabbed Connor, who had passed out, and soon a black van drove bye.

"N-no..." I choked out. "C-Connor...."

"We can't let them get away!" Snow mewed.

"S-Snow..." She looked at me. "I-I need to be fixed. W-we'll save him, but...I need......help." I coughed. They drove away and Snow wailed in distress. She kept meowing her head off until the boys arrived. They took me away and I blacked out.

Smoke's POV

They came back with Nova and I was shocked. I felt rage. She hurt Olive, she hurt (Y/n), and now she hurt Nova! THIS ENDS NOW! I thought.

"SNOW!" I barked. She hurried over to me. 

"Yes Smoke?"

"When Nova and Olive are fixed, we're ending this. Nova mentioned a dog named Sumo. Is he strong?"

"Very." Snow said.

"Good. He's joining us, along with a few friends I know. That's the last straw."

"Indeed it is." We both looked up at (F/n). We were shocked.

"You can understand us!?" Snow exclaimed.

"Yes. I have...enhanced myself as well. I can understand you and, even though I cannot come with you, I will let you do this. Save my daughter's love. I will upgrade Nova and the rest of you. I also have another prototype I've been working on. I knew this day would come. It's time we end this, once and for all. Maverick took my wife from me. Now, it's time we....repay him." He said, anger in his eyes.

"What about Dagger?" I asked.

"You can all handle her. She isn't the most advanced thing on the planet. Finish her and finish Maverick. End this." He said. We nodded. He left. We looked at each other.

"We can do this." Snow said.

"We will end this, forever. This has gone on long enough. Nobody messes with the animals. Nobody messes with family."