August 2018: Road Less Traveled

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference

- Robert Frost

🌳🌲🌳

Hello, writers! Welcome to our August writing prompt!

For this month's #justwritebits challenge, we'd like you to write a story inspired by the quote above. Your main character comes to a crossroads either physically or metaphorically. What will they do?

We're leaving this up to interpretation, but since that might be a little too simple, we require that a main character be named after the author of the quote, Robert Frost.

🌲🌳🌲

The rules, as usual:

— Maximum word count: 1200 words

— Only new stories can be accepted — no prewritten ones!

— Deadline for submissions: Wednesday, 15th of August, midnight UTC (24.00 h Coordinated Universal Ttime)

— The best stories earn a place in the #JustWriteBits anthology.

— Your story must be in English. We apologise for not having other language capacities.

— Publish your work on your own profile, either as a new story or part of an existing collection of short stories. Only one single chapter, please.

— Please post the link to your work in the comments below so your story is easy to find! Check out your fellow writers' entries, it's worth it.

— And finally, fill out this submission form, please.

🌳🌲🌳

We can't wait to see what you write!