Epilogue

-one year later-

"Almost there," Mingyu said, a grin on his face, and Jimin smiled out the car window, watching the landscape fly past. Mingyu fiddled with the radio until a song they both vaguely knew came on, and then he and Jimin took turns singing the few words the knew and just bobbing their heads along with the rest.

Finally, Mingyu decelerated and pulled over, and Jimin stepped out of the car and onto the beach.

"This is going to be awesome!" Mingyu cheered as he locked the car and hurried around the front to Jimin's side. "I've been waiting all spring for it to get warm enough."

"Thanks for the ride," Jimin said, smiling at his tall friend.

Mingyu just parted his lips in a wide, genuine smile. "Hey, no problem, bro. I get it, my brothers were always too busy to take me places too." At the mention of the Choi clan, Mingyu paused before waving at the small figures in the distance. "C'mon Jimin, it looks like they're already out there!"

Jimin and Mingyu ran across the sand, their shoes in their hands, and they finally made it to the others.

"What took you guys so long?" Jeonghan complained, his long hair tied back in a ponytail due to the heat. "We're burning up out here."

"Yeah," Yoongi agreed, crossing his arms. "We already buried Tae in sand, and he asked us to write his epitaph, but we couldn't find any stones large enough." He paused. "Actually, I don't remember us digging Tae out..."

"Traffic," Mingyu said carelessly, shrugging, and because all of his brothers held a soft spot for their sweet brother, they let it fly. Mingyu winked at Jimin, giving him a thumbs up.

"All right," Jin said. "Let's get this thing going. Jimin, get over here, on our side."

"Okay, hyung!" Jimin said, hurrying over to the Kim family side while Mingyu went to join his brothers.

"Aren't you going to get hot, Jimin?" Jungkook asked. Everyone else who had already been at the beach before he and Mingyu showed up was shirtless, their shirts thrown off to the side in the sand.

"No, I won't get h-hot," Jimin said, tensing slightly. His stutter had almost vanished over the past year, but it flared up every now and then when someone hit one of his triggers.

Hobi put a reassuring hand on his back. "It's okay, just drink lots of water, yeah?"

Jimin looked up at Hobi, smiling, and Yoongi looked around, a hand over his eyes.

"Where is he?" Yoongi mumbled. "Guys, did anyone remember where we buried Tae?"

Everyone groaned, and Jungkook rolled his eyes before jogging off to find their sixth member. Meanwhile, Yoongi held up two fingers to his mouth and whistled, and it wasn't half a minute later before a dog came bounding over across the sand.

"Good boy," Yoongi said before pointing to a spot off to the side by their discarded shirts. "Sit. Stay."

The dog sat, his tail wagging back and forth, mouth open and tongue hanging out as he stared adoringly at Yoongi. The dog had been trained as a service dog for patients with epilepsy, but even his obedience training didn't explain his attachment to Yoongi. The dog loved him. Probably because as grumpy as Yoongi usually seemed, he was actually very caring, and he always looked out for his dog.