Chapter 7

Theo POV

"Great job tonight son 25 points, wow! I say we celebrate this win, invite Don and we'll go out to eat?" My dad patted my back but I was barely listening I was too busy watching Collae leave the gym. I love my family but we do this enough to the point where this didn't have to happen tonight. I just wanted to know what she thought about the game.

"Actually dad, I have something to do, can we do it tomorrow? Sunday brunch?" I asked trying not to loose sight of Collae.

"Yeah, that's better anyway I'm kind of tired, come on guys let's go, text mom where you're going?" I nodded and swiftly walked away.

"Hey! Hey! Collae wait up!" I shouted and a couple people looked at me.

"Hey, nice game, Theo, you're not going home yet right? A bunch of us are going to Harrison's house to celebrate, you in?" Payton, a cute black haired girl jumped in front of me blocking my sight of Collae.

"Yeah yeah sure I just gotta do—something real quick—excuse me," I gently shoved her to the side and forced myself into the crowd.

"Good game Theo!"

"You and Don are a duo!"

I politely moved through the crowd thanking everyone who was showering me with "good games" and other compliments. I had finally caught up with Collae.

"Hey," I pulled her arm back gently, in the process of looking at her beautiful ass, "I almost missed you," I said breathlessly.

"Yeah...that was a great game, you did a good job, Theodore," the way my name rolled off her tongue made me so warm, "Anyways I gotta go, my friends are waiting for me, I'll see you later," She started to walk away.

"Wai—wait, I wanna talk to you, it's Saturday night, you can't hang out?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"Well, I planned on hanging out, with my friends," she sassed.

"Collae..." I huffed, "Can you just hangout with me for a little? Come on get to know me?" She stood there for a moment looking quizzical.

     "What should I tell my friends? And you're giving me a ride home then," she rolled her neck and I smiled, yay!

"Just tell them you wanna hang out with me and you'll hangout with them next week or something, and of course, you know I don't mind," I said softly.

"I don't wanna hangout with you, I just feel too bad to say no at this point, so yeah," she shrugged and walked back to her group of friends, at least I know she cares for my feelings I guess. I watched as her friends' faces bubbled and they jumped around. I guess they saw me looking and quickly stopped. I chuckled a bit to myself.

"Alright we're good, where are we going?" She asked walking ahead of me, I was trying to be respectful but she really had a wicked body. She wasn't that short which I liked because I'm six foot and I hated bending my fucking neck to kiss.

"Hey Collae? How tall are you?" I broke our silence to my car

"Five-seven , why?" She stopped her walk and continued when I was next to her.

"Nothing, just curious, trying to get to know you that's all," I smiled shaking her shoulders playfully.

"Get off me you stink!" She laughed, her laugh was so cute, "Has anyone ever told you you're very touchy?"

"I know, I did just play a whole four quarters, and no, not really," I pushed her softly, little did I know she hit really hard. She nearly knocked my shoulder out of place when she pushed me back.