Ryan Seaman x Reader - Storm

Requested on Tumblr
Word
count: 1 179

"So in other words, a movie night," you concluded.

"Well, yeah," Ryan admitted and stepped closer to you, placing his hand on the small of your back.

You melted into the little gesture, one, that like the many other you had recently noticed, let you hope that the growing bubbling feeling in your stomach was not one sided.

"You couldn't have told me, could you," you joked, continuing to cut an apple.

Ryan had invited you for dinner over to his place and you had brought apples as part of the fruit salad as dessert. Now that you had finished the delicious lasagna you had cooked together and he had presented you with the idea of watching a couple of movies afterwards, you had decided that the apple would do as a tv snack.

"Didn't want to seem too pushy," he defended.

You huffed and waved with your hand over his shoulder, hitting him gently in the motion.

"We're friends; asking for movie night's not very pushy for friends," you reminded.

Well, hopefully a little more than friends.

Ryan giggled and pulled back his hand, leaving you yearning for his touch.

You finished cutting up the fruit and piled the pieces into a bowl Ryan had handed you earlier. He was already in the living room, preparing the DVD you were going to watch.

"What are we watching," you asked, sitting down on the sofa, placing the bowl with apple next to another one with chips.

"'A Hard Day's Night' by the Beatles. You once said you've never seen it," he explained.

You nodded curiously. "The movie that got you into drumming," you recalled.

Ryan turned around and grinned. "Well remembered," he laughed and strode over, sitting down next to you, a little closer than friends would.

You really wanted to concentrate on the movie. You liked the Beatles and their music. The movie was black and white and the soundtrack catchy, but you were too distracted by Ryan sitting so close to you and his hand sometimes brushing against yours ever other time he reached into the bowl of chips that was placed in your lap now.

It started out with the clattering of the shutters against the window frame outside, that gradually grew louder and louder. After a while Ryan even turned up the volume of the movie, but outside the wind kept raging on. Now you could even hear the roaring of the leaves in the trees and distant thunder through the closed windows. You sunk deeper into the cushions of the couch, searching for a little more warmth since the mere thought of the weather outside send shivers down your spine.

The wind had been blowing for almost twenty minutes when the first heavy drops of rain hit the window sill. Thunder grew louder and lightning shone through the tiny gaps in the shutter, causing an eerie atmosphere that not even the music of the movie could make up for.

You had been too focused trying to concentrate on the movie and forgetting about the storm to notice Ryan had sneaked an arm around your shoulder, so it was understandable that you flinched when suddenly the light went out and something touched your shoulder. With a short buzz the tv flickered and died, the lamp that had illuminated the room a little doing the same.

"Oh damn," you heard Ryan swear, finally understanding that it had been his arm that had touched you on the shoulder while he had pulled it back, "must be a power outage."

"And now," you wondered, secretly growing uneasy in the dark.

"I'll get some candles," Ryan decided and stood up, "unless... you wanna go home?"

"No, I'd like to stay," you smiled, knowing Ryan could not see it in the dark.

"Great, I'll be back in a sec," he sounded almost relieved.

You felt Ryan move past you, trying to find his way in the darkness using the walls and the couch as guidance. A moment later he was gone and you were left alone in the dark. No reason to panic. You were grown up, yes, but there was still something about storms in the dark that spooked you out. In your opinion nature should not be able to be as loud as thunder. You pulled your knees up to your chest, trying to chase away the sudden shudder. This was Ryan's home, you were safe here, you reminded yourself. You took a deep breath trying to focus on the unique smell that was everywhere around you, but a bright lightning and the immediately following thunder made you almost jump out of your skin and whine a little.

"Sacry, hm?"

You turned around but were only met with darkness, but it had been Ryan's voice undoubtedly. A moment later you felt him brush against your leg and the couch dipped under his weight when he sat down next to you again.

"I brought blankets," he let you know before he piled some soft fabric into your lap, "And light."

There was some light clattering and the swoosh of a match against a striking surface before a warm orange flame lit up the room. Ryan carefully held the match against the candle until the wick had caught fire before blowing out the match. He placed the candle securely on the table, and leant back, his shoulder brushing against yours.

For a while you sat in silence, the blanket that Ryan had given you spreading some reassuring warmth over your body.

"Can I have a bit of the blanket," Ryan suddenly asked shyly.

"Oh, yes, sorry, sorry," you mumbled and opened the blanket so it fit over the two of you.

Ryan moved a little closer, so he would not have to pull the blanket off you to be covered by it. He shifted back and forth for a while before he placed his arm around your shoulders again. His body was warm, safe, like nothing, not even the dangerous nature outside could ever harm you. Without noticing, you let your head sink against his shoulder, nuzzling your cheek against the fabric of his shirt. A moment later he placed his cheek against your hair, making you smile.

The storm kept raging on outside; rain, wind,lightning and thunder battling each other in the darkness of the night. Overtime Ryan had slid to the side until both of you were almost lying on the sofa.His hands were gently massaging your back and your fingers wrapped in his hairor his shirt, painting little patterns here and there. And suddenly you werekissing. You were not sure who had started it, but you were kissing him and hekissed back. His lips were soft and urgent against yours, so warm, soprotective, and your heart beat a thousand miles an hour, but so was his. Therewhere hitching breaths and little gasps and then it settled into gentlecaressing and short brushed with noses against each other and lashes flickeringagainst cheeks, while outside the storm kept raging on.