A Floating Spider

Jason's POV

Piper ran after Annabeth into the woods. Percy was after her already, but Piper still went, I chased Piper and called out her name.

"Piper!" I called her name.

I finally found her lost in the woods, deciding which way to go.

"Piper, it's okay Percy's probably already with her now," I told her and she glared at me.

"It's not okay! Do you know how much Percy has hurt her?" Piper exclaimed.

Percy hurt Annabeth. What did I miss?

"Okay, I probably don't. But, I know Percy and Annabeth, and whatever problems they have, they'll figure it out as always. Right now you need focus on yourself, Piper," I told her.

"Why?"

"You've been on Annabeth's tail for so long now, you haven't had time for yourself. To deal with your problems," I explained to her," Piper, what's wrong? You've been ignoring me like Annabeth has been with Percy."

She turned to face me and folded her arms. "Did you make the right choice?" She was asking about what had happened on Valentine's Day, which seemed like it happened forever ago. She hadn't been answering any of my calls or texts.

"Yeah, I did," I continued," I called Reyna and apologized to her. We went out for coffee and I told her how sorry I was for snapping at her the day of the break-up. She told me how much she missed me and we made up. We also discussed something really important, for the future of both of us."

Piper's eyes were glistening and I knew she was holding back tears. She took out her phone and browsed her News app. Her phone glowed in the darkness. She then opened up one of the news articles.

It had a picture of Reyna and I, close to each other, and I was whispering something in Reyna's ear while she laughs. It read:

Popmania

JASON GRACE AND REYNA ARELLANO ARE REPORTEDLY BACK TOGETHER AND SPOTTED IN CAFE GETTING COZY WITH EACH OTHER

I laughed. News articles can be so untrusting and stupid. I never trust Popmania.  They once made an article about Percy getting married and how the wedding was going to be held underwater. Percy and I rolled on the floor, dead with laughter at that one.

Piper bit her lip. "So, you're back together?"

Oh shoot, I didn't mean to act like a jerk.

"No, no, no,"I repeated,"Reyna and I were actually discussing something about you."

Piper raised one of her eyebrows. "Me?" she commented.

"Yeah, you," I responded," Piper, listen. Reyna and I agreed that it was totally not okay for us to drag you into our breakup and we both apologize for that. We gave you a lot to stress about and we're also sorry about that. But, we made up. And we even had an important discussion. That's why I've been wanting to talk to you for so long."

"What was the discussion about?" She asked me.

"This," I took out a beautiful ring with laurel wreaths wrapped around it and a pink gem in the middle. Piper gasped.

"Piper, I want to give you this promise ring. Reyna said she was okay with you and I being together and she doesn't want to get in between us. I've always liked you since the day I bumped into you on set, Piper. And I thought about giving you this. To start over and have a better relationship. Reyna, she also told me to follow my heart and I think my heart only leads to one person," I stated, giving the ring to Piper.