Dare | Mike Wheeler | Part Three

"Don't look now, but Mike is here," Steve whispered while stuffing his face with eggs. You turned and he was right.

"I said don't look now! Now he knows we're talking about him," he groaned.

"Why is he here?" You whispered. You stuffed your mouth with eggs quickly, "he's supposed to be in school," you added.

"So are we, dumbass." Steve replied. You wanted to turn around again to look at him, but you didn't want to cry. Mike really hurt you. The fact that your relationships is based off of a dare really hurts.

"y/n," Mike's voice was barely a whisper. You sat in your booth facing away from him. You couldn't turn to face him, "please listen to me."

With your head still hanging low, hovering your food, you looked at Steve. He nodded his head before standing up. "I'm uh going to the restroom," he muttered.

As soon as he left, Mike took the seat he was in. "Please look at me," he pleaded. There was hurt in his eyes, regret.

You obliged. Your heart was already broken into a million pieces. Looking at him, broke it into a million more.

"Please forgive me, baby. I was stupid, but I love you. I love everything about you. Being weird isn't a bad thing, I know that now. I'm weird too. We're both weird and I love that most about us. It's what makes us unique." His eyes were on the verge of tears. Despite this, you couldn't bring yourself to forgive him.

"You hurt me, Michael," he winced, "I cant forgive you for that. Our relationship is a lie. I was just a toy in your game. I'm so—" you began to cry, "he-heartbro-broken," you managed to say.

"Baby," he reached out for your hand, but you moved away.

"I think it's time you go, buddy," Steve said, finally returning. You place your head on the table and quietly sob.

"Don't tell me what to do," Mike snapped. He turned to face Steve from the booth.

"Listen you little shit, you fucked up. She doesn't want you here, go.
Now." Steve didn't care to hide his anger. He barely knows you, but he knows what it's like to feel heartbroken by someone you really care about.

"Fine. I won't stop, y/n. I truly love you. I'll prove it to you," Mike whispered to you before leaving the diner.