'9

the blonde-haired listened to what the customer had said as his words stabbed him, slowly but deeply, making his heart bleed from side to side.
"...oh, i hope that you'll be happy with your new boyfriend."
"he isn't my boyfriend yet, he doesn't even know that i love him but he's really caring towards me, i really hope that he also feels the same way."
"i really hope so too, good luck."
mark said that but in reality he didn't mean even one of the words he just spoke, he wanted to be the one for jinyoung and be by his side everyday of his life, he really loved the boy a lot and couldn't help but feel sad, knowing that he had to give up on him.
he slowly went back to the counter as he placed his head on it and sighed, with a frown on his face that caught his friend's attention.
"yo mark, what's wrong? you look really bad."
"...nothing."
"is it about that raven-haired boy?"
"..."
"so it is. what happened? you were so happy talking to him five minutes ago."
"he told me that he loves someone, it's the end jackson. "
"don't be like that, you can always change his mind if he isn't engaged yet."
"but he told me that he really loves this boy a lot, i've already lost."
"if you really like him you should try at least, it's never too late mark."
and with those words his friend went back to make some coffees, as outside suddenly started raining, it was winter after all, so nothing out of the ordinary.
"mark? are you okay?"
the younger's words made the worker jump in fear, he was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the boy getting so close to him.
"a-ah, yes, sorry."
"you're so pale, are you sure that everything is okay?"
the raven-haired said as he put his hand on mark's forehead, worried about the other's health.
"i'm okay, don't worry."
he said as he looked at the customer taking off his scarf and putting it in his hands.
"then please at least accept this, today is really cold and it also started raining, you should wear it."
mark was moved by the younger's actions but still he didn't feel like accepting his scarf, even more knowing that the other's feelings were only platonic since he had just confessed to be in love with someone else.
"don't worry, i'm okay like this really."
"but you're only wearing a t-shirt, you'll freeze like this!"
"it's-"
"i won't leave until you accept."
"...then sorry for troubling you, i'll give it back as soon as possible."
"that's okay, don't even mention it, i'm simply happy that you took it. i'll get going now, so see you soon mark!"
"bye jinyoung."
the raven-haired went home as mark felt his cheeks heating up and his heart beat faster, deep inside he was still hoping to be with that boy and he also knew it too well.