(5)

Taylor POV

I had gotten dressed moments after the little confession with Colton and braced myself to meet more of the pack members. Colton said they will like me and if they don't he'll make them. I'm not sure how I feel about that threat but I'm trying not to focus on it. Colton walked a little bit infront of me because I struggled to keep up with his big steps.

"Can you slow down? I'm half your size and that means my legs are shorter." I whine and catch onto his arm trying to slow him down. I could've sped up but honestly I don't want to get there any quicker than I need to. "What if they don't like me?" This time I say my worries aloud and Colton stops walking altogether.

"They will." His hands are in his pockets as per usual and he squints as the sun glares down on him. "Nobody ever likes new pack members, it's a fact."Eye contact with Colton isn't something I'm comfortable with and so I find it extremely difficult to focus on him.

"They aren't going to say or do anything that will make me angry so I know they will like you." Colton places his hand on the small of my back and edges me forward slightly. 'Mate gives us tingles'

"Are you blushing again?" Smirking he brushes my hair from my face and tried to see the heat rising to my cheeks. "C'mon you're going to be late." I grab his hand and pull him forward to change the subject. The pack house is in the heart of the pack and as soon as I see it I see the rest of the pack people walking around.

"I don't wanna go in." I turn around and stay close to Colton's chest, he chuckles which honestly turns me on a bit. "Tough." He spins me around and walks me towards the house my back still against him.

"Colton-" I stop myself when I remember what he said to me. "Colton or sexy if you're in a good mood."

"Sexy, I don't want to go in." I fight the blush on my face and bravely rub my hands up his shirt to touch his abs. The look on his face is priceless and almost humorous. "If you want I can take you back to the house and show you how sexy I can be." Colton smirks down at me and holds my hands still against his abs.

"You know what, I'm sure the pack house isn't that bad?" I pull away and run backwards keeping eye contact with him. That is until I turn around too fast and hit another chest that almost broke my nose. "Ow."

"Taylor, are you okay?" Colton catches me as I wobble backwards. I scrunched my nose up trying to push  through the pain and stare up at the man I just crashed into. "I'm sorry Alpha, I should've watched where I was going. And are you okay..." He stopped when he realised he didn't know my name.

"Taylor. I'm fine thanks it wasn't your fault I was being stupid." The man had these emotionless eyes that looked dead and weak. Almost like he's lived a thousand years in torture and torment. "Alpha the elites have gone into the pack house and are waiting for you now."

"Thank you Bates, you are dismissed." Bates bows before continuing on his path that I had diverted. "He seems...nice." I rub my nose and look up to Colton as he open the pack door house. 'Pack door sounds like back door.'

'I hate you sometimes.'

"Bates is one of the more introvert members of the pack, he doesn't interact anymore than he has to." The hallway was all wood with the same stone walls that Colton has outside his house. "He's my spirit animal." I comment but silence myself when I see a room with alot of men. Not because they're to drool over but they are seriously masculine and scary.

"Alpha Dowry." All the men rise and lower there heads in submission as Colton and I enter. They all sit when he gives them permission to, I wonder if this was what my Alpha was like in meetings. My dad would hate it. Colton took a seat then patted his lap for me to sit down. Right then, was the most awkward situation I've ever been in. "Sit." I didn't dare challenge him when every one was watching and so I did as I was told.