Mia x Aiden - Kingdom AU

Description: In which Princess Mia has to marry a king she's never met. His messenger is easy on the eyes though. (Sorry. The College AU was not agreeing with Aiden's temperament lol, but I'm sure you guys will enjoy this one ^^)

A/N - This chapter is a one shot. It exists in a different universe than the main story "Three Alphas, Three Mates," and although the characters' personalities may remain the same, their interactions with each other could be completely different. Couples that exist in the book may not be the same here, but don't worry. It's just a fanfic. I hope you enjoy! :D

DISCLAIMER - This one shot does include a "wedding night" scene (aka mature material). If you don't like that, it's marked off, so you can still read the first half without it.

---

I don't know what to think of him. King Silvermoon. What kind of name is that?

It's his name, and his name alone, that I am given before the day we are to wed. That is the problem. He could look like anything or anyone, to me, it would make no difference. There would be no recognition, and I doubt he cares.

"When he enters," Princess Suzanne says. "You will curtsy as so."

I wish to send her flying into the lake. "I understand." I imitate her, but my heart is not in the curtsy.

I wish I could say there is a handsome knight to whom my heart belongs. That I have fallen in love with a squire or a kitchen boy, but that is false. I favor no one else. I just do not wish to be with someone who has never cared to see me.

He sends his messenger again and again, but I know my betrothed is just in it for the land. Truly, I am more acquainted with his errand boy than him. That errand boy. My mind cannot help but wander.

Two silver eyes, equally trained on me. Strong hands gesturing towards the letter addressed from his king. A toned body draped in royal attire and a smooth voice. He addresses me formally in all things, lips rolling out my name mercilessly. Yes, when I try to put a face to the king, all I can think of is his messenger.

Is that any way to start a marriage?

I huff, curtsying again to get Suzanne off my back. Does she not know my pain? "I do not wish to leave my home," I confide in her. "To be with a man I know nothing of."

She falters, giving me a gentle smile. "Leaving does not mean you cannot come back."

She has a point.

She nods as if reading my mind. "Prince Michael allows me to visit my father frequently. Your husband will do the same for you."

He better. Honestly. Did the king not think my voice worthy of his ears? My face worthy of his eyes? My hand worthy of his lips? Did he not think to greet his bride, down on his knees, before bringing her to his bed? What do I look like, a concubine?

"Now this is the important part." Princess Suzie looks me in the eyes. "When he leads you to his bedchamber, you must say—"

I wave her off. "Please. I know what I must say."

"Are you sure?" she asks.

I nod. "Assault my ears no longer with your vulgar speech."

She laughs heartily. "What a bashful queen the land of Silver will have."

I do not have the patience to match her wit today. When my eldest brother comes to mock me alongside his wife, I leave them both to their snickers.

"You will like him," Prince Michael calls after me. "I am sure of it."

What a wretched king that boy will make. I pray Suzanne has the strength to deal with him when I am gone.