VIII

I wake up in, what seems, Taehyung's bed and look over to the clock seeing it's 4 am. I look over to the other side and see him sitting at the edge of the bed with his head shoved in his hands.

"Why am I still here?" I ask sitting up.

"Oh." he turns around, "You fell asleep."

"Why am I in your bed?"

"The couch is uncomfortable."

"Oh."

He stands up and walks over to the side of the bed I am at and sits next to me. He looks up from his legs and into my eyes slowly, and I see big dark circles underneath his eyes.

"I think I should leave." I say still looking at his eyes.

"No. It's 4 am. I'm not letting you go home by yourself at 4 am." he says our eyes still locked.

Then silence takes in as we both stay still, staring at each other in the eyes.

"What did you mean by 'you didn't want to lose me'?" I break the silence.

"You should get more sleep. I'll go take a shower." he ignores my question and locks himself in the bathroom.

I frown at his behavior, but lay back down. I hear water running and close my eyes, but for some reason I can't find myself able to sleep.

After a while I hear Taehyung leaving the bathroom and changing. Then suddenly I feel him laying down on the bed and getting under the covers.

"I know you're not asleep." I feel his voice on my ear.

I open my eyes slowly and turn around. His face is only an inch away from mine, making my whole body heat up.

"What did you mean by that?" I ask again.

He inhales as he brushes little strands of hair off of my face, then letting his hand rest on my cheek as he slowly caresses it with his thumb.

"I just thought that if I broke this 'relationship' up everything would go back to normal, and that's not what I want." he says, his eyes heavy.

"What do you want?"

"I still don't know." he mutters closing his eyes, "But I know I want you to be part of it." he mumbles out before falling asleep.

His hand is still resting on my cheek. I hold it and kiss it slightly before pressing it between both of my hands and falling asleep as well.

I wake up and Taehyung is not by my side anymore. I sit up yawning and look over to the clock and see that it is already 11 am.

"Shit!" I shout.

I get up and try to look for my things. I realise I must've left it in the living room.

I run to the living room and don't even realise Taehyung's presence on the kitchen drinking coffee.

After I put on my shoes and get my bag I realise he's there. I stop and look at him, who is at the other side of the counter, inside the open kitchen.

"Good morning." he says and sips his coffee.

His hair is all over the place and his face is swollen which makes him look incredibly cute.

"I'm late! I'm super late! Why didn't you wake me up?" I ask, freaking out.

"Cause you're not working today." he takes the last sip and puts his mug on the sink.

"What?!" I ask furiously putting down my bag.

He rolls his eyes and walks towards me, grabbing my hand and dragging me along with him to the balcony.