3

"Can I see Y/n again?" Taehyung groggily says, sleep evident in his tone as his mom tucks him to bed.

It's been a long day and everyone in the palace's exhausted from the event that had taken place earlier today.

The Queen hums thoughtfully, properly placing the duvet to cover little son's body. As she settles her weight on the side of his bed, she tilts her head slightly with a knowing gaze. "Do you miss her already?"

He yawns tiredly, slipping the word "Yeah." as both his fist travel up to rub his eyes. The Queen leans and gives him a soft peck on the cheek.

"You'll see her soon, sweetie. Good night."

He could spot a hint of playfulness lacing her tone, and in return, she receives a faint worn-out giggle from the already half conscious child.

-

The play date with the Prince came in rather quickly. You soon finds yourself  entering the palace grounds while holding your mother's hand.

A backpack hangs loosely behind you, inside containing a bunch of your favorite items. Coloring book, pencils, crayons and ect.

"Y/n!" Taehyung cheers excitedly that his lips shapes up into a smile that anyone can adore. It's already been a week since you've first had your encounter with the Prince.

You frown.

It's not you don't like him. It's just that. His behavior scares you for some reason. Not in a scary kind of way though. It's more of a how do I know he won't push me off a cliff if he ever gets the chance kinda way.

That may seem mean of you to expect such action coming from a sweet little boy like him, but hey. He's kissed you three times when he barely knew you. What else if he gets annoyed by you to say the least? No doubt would the pushing off the cliff  be an option for him.

Taehyung circles excitedly around you before stopping to grab your hand, grinning. "Mommy, We'll be in my room if you need us!"

You don't want to go. You crane your head upwards to send your mother the expression of hesitancy.  With the scrunched up expression you're showing, probably anyone from a mile radius would be able to tell that you're disturbed with the idea of being in a boy's room. Even in such age.

But who could blame you? You grew up playing with kids your gender all the time. But then this happens. The statement itself is already explanatory.

"Y/n lets go!"

You allows the Prince to drag you out from the presence of your parents and into a hallway. Everything's huge and the interior appears modern than what you'd usually see in children's books. They don't have those metal like figures resting on the walls to give out that dungeon-y kind of vibe. Then again, it's not like you would want to see that.

The mere thought of them coming out to life with whatever weapon they had on hold just waiting to slice or beat any human to a pulp? Sent a big wave of shivers slithering down your spine like a snake.

"And this is my room."

You silently gawk at the size of the bedroom, eyes roaming through ever corners until they stop at the beautiful chandelier hanging just at the center of the ceiling.

A astonished smile unknowingly plasters your lips. The pretty sequence look like stars from down there.

Taehyung's  heart flips.

"Just wait until you see my toys."

You moves your eyes to the cute kid-sized castle resting at the corner of the room. Sprawled around it's space were other bunch of different types of toys.

The little Prince's eyes sparks with excitment as he gestures your towards the toy castle.

"Let's play Prince and Princess, y/n!"

An hour later, you're slowly warming up to the boy. He isn't going throw you off a cliff.

This play date could've had a smooth sailing if it weren't for the fact that Prince Tae wasn't being so stubborn.

"I wanna be the knight!" You complain for God knows how many times today.

There hasn't been any progress. Taehyung suggested the roles of Prince and Princess for each of you. However, you despised the idea, insisting being the knight instead that way you'd be able to save the Princess from the fire breathing dragon.

Taehyung huffs heavily before tucking his bottom lip in between his baby teeth. You're being stubborn right now and he doesn't like it.

After a few minutes of silence, he decides to speak up again.

"You're gonna play Princess whether you like it or not."

Now it was your turn to huff annoyingly.

"I don't wanna."

He aggressively ruffles his hair, beyond frustrated at this point. But then again, it's not like you didn't feel the same. You're just that good at composing herself.

He sends you a glare.

"Then how am I suppose to kiss you if you're not the Princess!"