Chapter 132: Fallout

Tasha woke up the next morning feeling a tiny bit better than the night prior. Even though she felt uncomfortable and guilty about the situation with Gavin, she still answered his call because despite everything, he was the friend she needed.

"You're finally awake, huh?"

"Oh haha. What do you want, loser? It's my day off."

There was a knock on the door. Tasha opened it and found a bundle of roses, and in between them a photo of Connor and her. It was before he became deviant, but his eyes held the same love they had always had.

"What is it?" Gavin asked expectantly as she held the flowers to her chest.

"Flowers... Connor sent me flowers."

"Well, looks like your tin can is coming for you."

Tasha smiled, but sighed. "I'm a terrible person, aren't I?"

"You're the furthest from that, and that's coming from me, the honorary most terrible person in the precinct."

"How..." Gavin could hear the unsteady sigh that left her lips. "How is he doing?"

"He seems..." Gavin glanced over at Connor who was talking to Hank, whenever he wasn't glaring at himself. "Conflicted, I guess. You should talk to him, Tash."

Tasha sighed. "Yeah, I know... Look, I gotta go."

"Tash—" Before Gavin could finish she hung up.

As Gavin set his phone in his pocket, Connor walked over to his desk, his coin flipping around his fingers in an anxious way.

"What's up, Connor?"

"I — " He was silent for a moment as he tried to process what he wanted to say. "How is she doing?"

"How is she doing?" Gavin sighed as he looked up at his former rival, "How do you think she's doing?! She's not good, Connor. You need to fix your fuck up."

Connor frowned, "I just want to protect her, Gavin. It's better if she finds a human partner, someone who can give her the life she deserves."

"Tasha loves YOU, Connor!" Gavin was frustrated with the Android. The fact that he was hoping Tasha would find a human partner when she only truly had eyes for him made Gavin angry. "She doesn't want anyone else."

Connor didn't say anything as he noted the strained expression on Gavin's face. "What is it?"

"Look — ugh, come with me."

Gavin grabbed the Android by the arm, pulling him into the break room.

"Gavin, what is this about?"

"Look last night Tasha was really upset, and I was drunk, okay? And things got out of hand and —"

"And?"

Silence.

"What?"

"We kissed, alright! We kissed. But that's all."

Connor was silent as his LED whirred into a bright red as he took in the information. The image of Gavin's hands all over Tasha's body and her kissing him sent his anger over the deep end.

"Connor, I—"

Connor's first collided with Gavin's cheek, hitting him relatively hard. "How could you do that?! How could you kiss her?!"

"It was a mistake, alright?! Tasha is really upset about it and she feels really guilty. I just — don't blame Tasha, okay? It's on me. I shouldn't have let myself get carried away. As much as I want her, I want to see her happy more and you make her happy."

"I've seen you make her happy." Connor mumbled, his hands clenched into fists. "Maybe... maybe it's for the best."

Gavin shook his head, "You're a fucking idiot, Connor. She doesn't love me. Not like that. Not like she loves you. She'll never love me even remotely close to how she loves you! She's in love with you, Connor. She — she feels so alone. She chose you, Connor. She fucking married you! She needs you."

Connor didn't say another word as he left Gavin, his mind whirring with thousands of possibilities.