Chapter 129: Kind

The next day Tasha had off of work, so she spent it mainly laying in bed, only getting up when the doorbell rang at around 7pm.

"Gavin?" Tasha was surprised when she opened the door, finding the man standing there with two bags in both of his hands. Whatever he had in them, smelt absolutely delicious. "What are you doing here?"

"Well," Gavin smiled at her, holding up the bags in front of her face. "I thought you could use a pick me up. And judging by your appearance, I doubt you've eaten today."

Tasha opened her mouth to rebuttal but as soon as she tried to speak her stomach growled, making Gavin laugh.

"Alright, I might be a little hungry." Tasha opened the door, leaning against it so Gavin could walk past her.

Gavin glanced around her living room, setting the bags of food on the table. "I've never seen your place before." He was quiet for a moment, noticing the photos framed above the fireplace. She has photos with everyone she cared about — Hank, Connor and Tasha even had a photo with Gavin. "It's nice."

Tasha shrugged, "I've lived here my whole life, it gets kind of bland but it is what it is." She sat down on the couch.

"Now, what lovely food did you bring me?"

Gavin sat on the end of the couch opposite of her, pulling out a take out container that contained Caesar Salad, Pizza and the next had ice cream cake, all of which were her favorites.

"How do you know what I like so well?" Tasha felt giddy as she filled her plate with food.

"I pay attention." Gavin smiled as he watched her dig into the food, grabbing himself a plate.

"You could've fooled me." Tasha said in between bites. "Thank you though. I... I really appreciate it."

Gavin shrugged, "Don't mention it, shorty."

"Hey! You're not that much taller than me!"

"But I'm still taller than you."

Tasha hated to admit it, but she enjoyed spending time with Gavin. He wasn't as much of an ass, and he seemed genuine. It wasn't something she was used to but she decided not to question it and just enjoy it.

As Gavin glanced over at Tasha, he saw how she just barely had a smile on her face, her lips curved at the edges hardly noticeable. He followed her gaze, which was out the window — she was waiting for Connor.

How long has she waited for him?

"Do you want to talk about it?"

A sigh left her lips as she averted her gaze to the ground. "Everyone leaves."

"